View Single Post
Old 06-26-2013, 07:57 AM   #541
MyKzooFamily
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Preggo Twin Mama Buddy Group!

My Mom brought up a good point today... the hospital near me is very natural (which I LOVE), and she said if the babies were born a tad early, the hospital here may go the extra mile to make sure they stay here. They may allow more skin-to-skin, nursing, and do whatever they can to keep them with me or in the nursery, before resorting to sending them to the NICU in the next city.

It seems with a lot of moms that deliver at a hospital with a NICU, if there are any minor problems, they are immediately taken to NICU. Especially for weight gain. You would think that a baby can be monitored for weight gain just as easy at mom's bedside with frequent nursing sessions, than in the NICU in a solitary bed, receiving milk through a bottle or tube, and staying there until some weight is gained.

That is something to think about, too. SO much to take in.
TTC Baby #5! Hoping for Pink.

Loving All Things: Homesteading, Dave Ramsey, Minimalist, Simple Life, Attach Parenting, Big Family, Gentle Parenting, Outdoor Playing, Media Reducing. Check out 'Big Family Management' for all things amazing.
MyKzooFamily is online now   Reply With Quote