View Single Post
Old 06-26-2013, 07:57 AM   #541
MyKzooFamily
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Preggo Twin Mama Buddy Group!

My Mom brought up a good point today... the hospital near me is very natural (which I LOVE), and she said if the babies were born a tad early, the hospital here may go the extra mile to make sure they stay here. They may allow more skin-to-skin, nursing, and do whatever they can to keep them with me or in the nursery, before resorting to sending them to the NICU in the next city.

It seems with a lot of moms that deliver at a hospital with a NICU, if there are any minor problems, they are immediately taken to NICU. Especially for weight gain. You would think that a baby can be monitored for weight gain just as easy at mom's bedside with frequent nursing sessions, than in the NICU in a solitary bed, receiving milk through a bottle or tube, and staying there until some weight is gained.

That is something to think about, too. SO much to take in.

Loving All Things: Homeschooling, Essential Oil, Homesteading, City Farming, Dave Ramsey, Minimalist, Simple Life, Attachment Parenting, Big Family, Gentle Parenting, Spiritualist w/ No Religion Affiliation, Outdoor Playing, Media Reducing, and Cloth Diapering.
MyKzooFamily is offline   Reply With Quote