View Single Post
Old 07-22-2013, 12:42 PM   #465
Serafina33
Registered Users

Re: What's your fav. crock pot recipe?

Chicken Tikka Masala in twenty minutes of prep!
I threw 5 large onions in the food processor and started frying them in olive oil. Ginger (3 thumbs worth) and garlic (7 heads) then were peeled, processed, and added to the browned onion mush, adding spices:
tsp cayenne pepper
2 tsp paprika
Tsp pepper
4 tsp salt
8 tsp garam masala
2 tsp cumin
2 tsp coriander
2 tsp turmeric

Then I processed (smooth) 8 large tomatoes & opened up 3 containers of crushed tomatoes (approx 1 liter), & put two pounds of chicken filets in the slow cooker and put it on high. I added all the tomatoes to the chicken in the pot, then the onion/garlic/ginger/spice mush, and stirred lightly/shallow, whilst leaving the chicken undisturbed at the bottom. It was totally full.
I left it on high for three hours and put it on low for another five hours.
Then I added almost a cup of heavy cream, stirred a bit, still leaving most of the chicken at the bottom. I then took out some glass jars and filled them up with half the sauce, to be refrigerated for a couple weeks.

I tried the lasagne posted early on in this thread and it was okay, but not great. I think making your own spaghetti sauce separately in the crock pot the day before, and using that, will taste MUCH better.