View Single Post
Old 08-31-2007, 12:25 AM   #16
haileykey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Whats for dinner? (can we make this a sticky?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa~BHS View Post
Tonight we had chipotle lime chicken over rice.
It was SO good. Kroger has the bags of frozen chicken breasts for $5.99. There are usually 7 or 8 big breasts in the bag. I had a bag of the chipotle lime breasts, and I put them (frozen) into the crock pot with 4 cups of chicken stock. I cooked it on HIGH for 5 hours, then shredded the chicken. About 15 minutes before dinner I used 4 cups of the liquid in the crock pot to make white rice. After the rice cooked, I put it in a big casserole dish and poured the shredded chicken & sauce over it. I served it with applesauce and a fresh loaf of Italian bread from the bakery.
Total for dinner: $6.43

This meal fed 3 adults and 3 children, and everyone except me and my youngest had seconds - AND I filled an entire container with leftovers, probably 3 more helpings.

I highly recommend the Kroger bags of frozen chicken. I buy them ALL the time and they are a great value.

Since we moved I have been loving Krogers we didn't have them back home......I buy the regular chicken breasts and I am amazed at how much you get...love it.
I haven't tried that kind...but it sounds super yummy I am going to have to
haileykey is offline   Reply With Quote