1/2 cup chopped onion
1 cup chopped cooked ham
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup water
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
DIRECTIONS
Place sliced potatoes in slow cooker. In a medium bowl, mix together shredded cheese, onion and ham. Mix with potatoes in slow cooker. Using the same bowl, mix together condensed soup and water. Season to taste with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Pour evenly over the potato mixture.
Cover, and cook on High for 4 hours.

**Used fat free cream of mushroom soup and it turned out fine, I am always looking to cut down on fat.

Sour Cream Pork Chops
INGREDIENTS
6 pork chops
salt and pepper to taste
garlic powder to taste
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 large onion, sliced 1/4 inch thick
2 cubes chicken bouillon
2 cups boiling water
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
DIRECTIONS
Season pork chops with salt, pepper, and garlic powder, and then dredge in 1/2 cup flour. In a skillet over medium heat, lightly brown chops in a small amount of oil.
Place chops in slow cooker, and top with onion slices. Dissolve bouillon cubes in boiling water and pour over chops. Cover, and cook on Low 7 to 8 hours.
Preheat oven to 200 degrees F (95 degrees C).
After the chops have cooked, transfer chops to the oven to keep warm. Be careful, the chops are so tender they will fall apart. In a small bowl, blend 2 tablespoons flour with the sour cream; mix into meat juices. Turn slow cooker to High for 15 to 30 minutes, or until sauce is slightly thickened. Serve sauce over pork chops.

I used Low fat sour cream and although the sauce wasn't very thick it was still AWESOME!! We loved this recipe. I just made it for the first time a couple weeks ago and served it over egg noodles. It's a keeper.

Awesome Slow Cooker Pot Roast
INGREDIENTS
2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
1 1/4 cups water
5 1/2 pounds pot roast
DIRECTIONS
In a slow cooker, mix cream of mushroom soup, dry onion soup mix and water. Place pot roast in slow cooker and coat with soup mixture.
Cook on High setting for 3 to 4 hours, or on Low setting for 8 to 9 hours.

I also threw in some red potatoes and carrots. i cut the potatoes in half.... instant meal. Again I used the fat free soup and it turned out fine......

I am not a very good cook but I am learning and I LOVE, LOVE EASY!! I use the website Allrecipes.com because you can search a ton of different ways and each recipe has reviews and you can see what people like about the recipe, what they changed, what they added. It's been my life line to the kitchen.

anyways, all three of these were really good!!

Mama to Sophia born 6-9-06

Last edited by runningdiva; 10-27-2006 at 05:31 PM.
runningdiva is offline   Reply With Quote