Old 10-29-2006, 04:40 PM   #20
aept
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What's your fav. crock pot recipe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by beenwaitingalongtime View Post
Pulled Pork is our new love...no idea how to make it, though. Since starting my HC, DH's is responsible for cooking or I'll just eat handfulls of granola all night

Lemme ask him. Ok. He says:

Pork shoulder, something like that. Really any pork that is a roast. About a cup of oil. 3 cups brown sugar. Put water in until it covers the pork. Cook all day--it shreds naturally & is tender and moist as a sandwich.
This sounds good. Here's how I do my pulled pork:
2 lbs. pork tenderloin, or pork loin - like you said any "roast"
Spice rub (we have "dinosaur bbq" spice rub, but you could use anything really. Chili powder mixed with a little salt and pepper would probably work great.)
2 c. beef broth (or 2 c. water with 2 cubes beef bouillon)
1 16 oz. bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce

Pat the spice rub to make a thin coating all over the pork. Put it in the crock pot, cover it with the beef broth. Cook on low 10-12 hours. When finished, carefully pull out meat onto a plate or cutting board. Dump liquid that was in the crock pot - you don't need it. Pull the meat apart gently to shred it, and put it back in the emptied crock pot. Mix in 1/2 to 1 bottle of the BBQ sauce to taste. You can put it back on low to warm it back up a little before serving. Serve as is, with a little more sauce on top, either right on the plate or on a roll or bread as a sandwich. Coleslaw is great on the sandwich with this!

Makes 6 generous servings. It is easy to do, but yummy for "company"! I usually get it ready at night and put it in the fridge. DH takes it out of the fridge, and puts it on low in the AM before he leaves for work, when we are sleeping. This way it gets a good 10-12 hours before dinnertime.
aept is offline   Reply With Quote