Old 12-15-2008, 09:16 PM   #26
Galatea
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Top ten reasons not to circumcise your son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edenite View Post
WOW! That's a bit much. Live and let live, what someone does to their child doesn't have a thing to do with you, don't lose sleep over it. Last I checked it was a legal practice so, people are well within their right to do it.

I am not having a boy this pregnancy but, when I do, he will be circumcised. For religious reasons and for health reasons. I am sure my son will be fine and will not grow up with issues. Respect other people's decisions.

You can state your case without going to extremes and being all dramatic. I am sure most babaies go through way more trauma than circ in their lives, so trust me any baby that is circ will be just fine.

Also, FACTS are relative these days, what is fact to you may not be fact to anyone else. I believe their is scientific evidence to prove both side of the issue, which you should know since this is a dead horse that is beaten on all pregnancy sites. Like I said, live and let live.
I did state my facts. I was not dramatic. It may sound strange when you have never heard anything different, but a lot of people know nothing about the purpose of the foreskin, and once they hear it, they are happy that they didn't circumcise in ignorance.

No medical association in the world recommends circumcision for any reason, not even health reasons. Any supposed health benefit ever proposed has been debunked. Circumcision is a purely social ritual, and it has had staying power b/c it is important for people to think that something that they either did to their son's penis, or had done to their own penis, was actually a really good thing. To think otherwise would be very painful, so it must be a good thing, right? And if it is a purely social ritual, then you should know that the rates of circumcision are dropping quickly and stand at 50/50 in the whole USA, but only 35% circumcised in the forward-thinking areas. In the world, only 15% are circumcised, and they are almost entirely Jewish. If you think that everyone does it, then you are incorrect.

I am glad that no one removed any part of my genitals, and baby boys deserve the same. There is nothing dangerous about the foreskin, it is more than a flap of skin, and your opinion on what it looks like does not matter.

Ds1 2004 ~ Ds2 2005 ~ Dd1 2008 ~ Ds3 2010 ~ Dd2 2014
Why you shouldn't circumcise your son
Galatea is offline   Reply With Quote