Old 12-15-2008, 09:41 PM   #29
Edenite
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Top ten reasons not to circumcise your son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galatea View Post
I did state my facts. I was not dramatic. It may sound strange when you have never heard anything different, but a lot of people know nothing about the purpose of the foreskin, and once they hear it, they are happy that they didn't circumcise in ignorance.

No medical association in the world recommends circumcision for any reason, not even health reasons. Any supposed health benefit ever proposed has been debunked. Circumcision is a purely social ritual, and it has had staying power b/c it is important for people to think that something that they either did to their son's penis, or had done to their own penis, was actually a really good thing. To think otherwise would be very painful, so it must be a good thing, right? And if it is a purely social ritual, then you should know that the rates of circumcision are dropping quickly and stand at 50/50 in the whole USA, but only 35% circumcised in the forward-thinking areas. In the world, only 15% are circumcised, and they are almost entirely Jewish. If you think that everyone does it, then you are incorrect.

I am glad that no one removed any part of my genitals, and baby boys deserve the same. There is nothing dangerous about the foreskin, it is more than a flap of skin, and your opinion on what it looks like does not matter.
Just forget it, you are being dramatic. You really need to calm down. I don't care who does and doesn't do it, I know I am and that's the end of that. I just wanted to comment on your post b/c you are very incorrect and from your last post (quoted) there is no other truth but yours.

My reason is both religious (not social) and medical, if you have a problem with that than, tough cookie.

The foeskin will be off my child and if you think it is so wrong for me to do it then call CPS, opps sorry you can't b/c it is not illegal and I am well within my rights to do so. You are not better or more educated than anyone else b/c you didn't circ. Just live and let live.

Believe me, I don't think a mama on this board would hurt their child and we all love our children just the same, so please give it a rest.

Not trying to argue but you really need to stop, you can stand up for what you believe without going to extremes and calling people ignorant.
Edenite is offline   Reply With Quote