View Single Post
Old 08-15-2006, 05:42 PM   #8
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Help!!! Thrush?!

Gentian Violet worked for us!! We had our walgreens order it for us. Plus taking probiotics is key to getting rid of it. Boil the paci's for 20 min. everday and then when you guys are over the thrush, throw them out and get new ones. You can also add vinegar to your rinse cycle on your dipes for the yeast and you can put 1 tbl in 1 cup of water in a spray bottle and spray your nipples after every feeding and then apply a combo of equal parts hydrocortisone 1% cream and lotrimin AF (I just mixed mine in a tupperware dish and used it like that) to your nipples. Make sure you're wearing your nursing bras only once before washing them. The yeast in Thrush feeds on the lactose in the breastmilk, thats why its so hard to get rid of!! We're on week 5 of it and the only thing thats worked for us is that we finally got on Diflucan (an antifungal pill) for both of us and I think its finally on its way. My nipples hurt so bad for weeks!! They got cracked. Now we're all on the mend, thank god! Hope this helps!
Kelly and dh loving our Kya, 8/02, Carson, 6/06 and completely intact J.C, 7/2/06
Handmade Boutique Hairbows for your Sassie Lassie
mommy2girlies is offline   Reply With Quote