View Single Post
Old 03-20-2012, 11:22 AM   #5
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: anyone tried wool liner/doubler?

All you need to so is felt a 100% wool sweater down as small as you can get it. Then cut pieces to the size you want, toss in the drier again to get rid of any fuzzies at the edges. They work wonderfully as a booster in a bybbye or night diaper. Our night firred pockets were starting to get too soaked and I started tossing one in each of them and ahhhhhh, prob solved. I have used them now for around 7 yrs. They do absord 30% of their own weight because the inner of each fiber is absorbent and the exterior repells. I believe using them so long and felting them so much makes them absorb more than the 30% because there is more fiber in a small area, kwim. Great things come in small packages. They get super thick the longer you use them. So the better they get. I just wash as normal. They are naturally antimicrobial too whick is a real plus. They take the same time to dry in the dryer as the other items.

Wool is a miracle fibre for us! I just don't know how they arn't as popular as they used to be. They were all the rage when I first started!
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
sarahannecloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote