View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 12:28 PM   #19
littleleaf
Registered Users
Formerly: jcha***h
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Which is your favorite- flip, grovia or softbums?

We've tried all 3. My thoughts:
FLIPS: a great cover, but just ok as an AI2 with trifolded prefolds or padfolded flats (the organics are great, but bulky). Works fine with trifolds as a daytime solution, but the wide crotch makes it so that once the prefold has been peed in, it shrinks down so that any additional pee will leak out of the cover. I love it as a cover over a snappied prefold, though, and it was fine as a nanny stash diaper as long as it was changed often enough (great for toddler). They washed out great and aplix has held up (we line dry covers, thouhg)

GROVIA: elastic was too tight for chubby thighs and the mesh and inserts were harder to wash clean. Great with trifolded prefolds, though, but I hated how the mesh held onto smells and I'd have to wash them twice.

SOFTBUMS: Never tried their "pods" (too expensive for what they are IMO), but I like these with prefolds or flats as long as you tuck the dipaer in completely. Great aplix, and they wash out fine (I was nervous about the fleece but it hasn't been a problem). They are super adjustable which I love, but having said that, I actually prefer the Flips on my newborn (surprisingly) because the one layer PUL is just so much trimmer than the PUL+fleece of the SBs.
SPOTS - new Thirsties and more ISO Jujube, Carters, Gymboree, Zutano girl clothes 18 months
littleleaf is offline   Reply With Quote