View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 10:08 PM   #1
armywife2002
Registered Users
seller
seller

talk to me about small christian schools

My church is starting a school for next year, and depending on $, I'm considering putting my son, who will be in k, there next year. They will be using My Father's World with Singapore and Saxon math for k-8.... what can you tell me about these curriculums?

my ds is pretty smart. He tested beyond all the end of year pre-k assessments at the beginning of the year, and he's well on his way to reading independently. he missed the kinder cut off this year by a month, but I think the extra year was good for him maturity wise. He is very wiggly, his dad and I both have adhd, so it wouldnt surprise me if that was brought up later on in school.

I havent talked to anyone at church about this yet (i knew it was being considered, but they moved on it very quickly). I'm hoping that if the classes are small enough, or mixed, it shouldnt be as much of an issue if he need some more advanced work than the other kindergarteners. I will admit that I'm worried about academics though. I was in the g/t programs all through school, and dad probably should have been, so I worry about a small school being able to provide that extra if it turns out he needs it later on. He's got some bad influences at daycare, and 2 of the worst boys (and his "best friends" of course ) are zoned for the same school as him. I know that there will be bad influences even in a Christian school, but I hope theyd be a little less.

so have your kids been in a small Christian school? what did you love and/or hate? pros and cons? are they still there, or did you pull them out?

tell me everything I'm really hoping I'd be able to put him there, but realistically, unless they have some sort of financial aid, I wont be able to afford to

Want to earn gift cards searching the net? Click HERE to join Swagbucks!
armywife2002 is offline   Reply With Quote