View Single Post
Old 08-11-2010, 08:45 AM   #22
Registered Users,br>Formerly: Mrs***08
Re: Spin off: Labor starting on it's own....isn't it impossible

Yikes, I was induced with my first 2 children. First baby 3 days overdue (not much at all) according to evaluation he was about 38 weeks according to the nurses but was a full 7 lbs. Baby #2 I was induced at 10 days overdue which was actually 1 day after the FIRST predicted EDD. I believe my body was beginning to get ready for labor as my mucus plug was coming out for days (about 3 days before induction) and I dilated 1cm which is nothing to speak of, but more than nothing! She was ready to come out. They never recorded any evaluation of how many weeks she was, but I believe she was READY! She was 7 lbs 6oz.

I can't imagine going to 42 weeks. I'm not saying one shouldn't or can't but I do think I would get nervous after that long. I do believe I will go into labor on my own this time, but it's amazing that some may not ever have any signs of labor...

And you know, I agree with what someone else said, about how are bodies are affected by the hormones that we eat in food. I do believe problems have been around since the beginning of time, hence people died with child birth, etc. But I too believe our systems are very different than years ago when they weren't pumping cows, chickens, fruits, veggies or whatever, can goods and all this horrible stuff we ingest.
Mama of 3 little munchkins!

ACSNMama is offline   Reply With Quote