View Single Post
Old 05-05-2013, 12:43 AM   #12
ExpatMama1990
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Found stray dog - holding period before ownership is ours?

I posted on CL:

"We found a small black & white Chihuahua mix male on 04/27 on (street) & (cross-street), (my) area. He is clearly well taken care of and very loving. He has no collar or microchip."

She sent the pic with her kids (I checked on Facebook) and pup looks just like it. She also answered several questions, incl if he was neutered or not (he's not).

She had a weird answer when my DH asked if he had a collar when he went missing... Something like "He usually has one, but didn't when he went missing." then "He may have had a collar on, but we thought someone took him."... =/

I told DH we should have a bill ready, I by no means want to get in contact with her unless absolutely necessary (so no sending her a bill, or getting her charged out of the blue etc) just so we have it...

We can't afford to get him shots etc this month, just a lot going on, next month will probably be okay, if not the month after..... I was hoping there would be a cheap clinic (often set up by a local organization) soon, but the only date I'm seeing is October... They do do discounts though, we'd have to get him neutered at the same time to get shots/microchip etc is all and I'm concerned with the recovery period, since the kids don't understand LEAVE THE DOG ALONE (And obviously we want to get ownership legally established before we go altering the dog.......).