dpelephant
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: How do I do this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodah View Post
I rarely force my 2.5 year old to do anything but I make the alternative or consequence at lot worse than just obeying mommy. I would just leave him sitting by the cereal and tell him he can get up to play whenever the cereal is cleaned up. Wouldn't bother me if he sat there all day. Eventually they will do it and I think it would be better for him to choose himself to obey than being physically forced too. Plus then it is not a battle between you and him. It is just him making a choice and trust me, when everyone else is going about their day and he is stuck sitting on the floor by some crusty old cereal, it would get picked up in a hurry.
I do this too.
Depending on the situation, I will also remove my 2.5 yo to sit somewhere by herself until she can be a "big girl" meaning no whining/yelling/etc. I periodically check up on her and ask her if she is ready to be a big girl now. Sometimes she says yes and sometimes no. When she is ready and calmed down she knows she can come and find me. Hugs and we resolved the situation together. I have found giving her the time to work out her frustration as opposed to setting a 3 minute TO makes her more cooperative and we both feel better.

I earn extra $ with Swagbucks and Ebates! Join me
dpelephant is offline   Reply With Quote