View Single Post
Old 03-03-2014, 09:04 AM   #486
Banned - User Requested
My Mood:
Originally Posted by cutestbabyboy View Post
My favorite thing I use the crock pot for is a perpetual pot of bone broth. It makes it SO easy to have this nutritious food on hand at all times. It will help keep your family from getting sick. To make bone broth...

Add bones, whatever you have on hand, chicken, beef, turkey, goat, rabbit, duck, it doesn't matter! If you have access to the feet, head, and necks, it will make your broth even more nutritious, (sounds awful, I know, but I promise, you'll love the flavor and health benefits of it.)

I like to use these basic additions but you don't have to, just bones and sea salt is enough!

Carrots, Celery, Onion, Garlic, Thyme, Bay Leaf, Rosemary

I also like to add a dash of raw organic apple cider vinegar as the acid helps to draw out the minerals of the bones

For a extra boost, I throw in a turmeric root. Turmeric has so many health boosting qualities, anti inflammatory being just one.

Don't put any greens into your bone broth, save those for the actual soup, they will make the broth bitter.

Let it cook at a low simmer for 24 hours, take some off and then add more water and do another batch, you can use chicken bones about three times and beef bones 10! You don't have to throw them away after the first use.
Oh Yeah! I make broth ALL the time and then pressure can it so I have it on hand for cooking... homemade chicken broth is awesome in mashed potatoes!
madebymommy is offline   Reply With Quote