Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-18-2012, 07:03 AM   #1
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Chat Thread ~ Nov 18th-24th

I can't believe how quickly the weeks are starting to fly by!
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:12 AM   #2
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Nov 18th-24th

Alright. I missed last week. Im too lazy/tired to even try to catch up. FL was super fun, but the drive there and back is just aweful.

Tomorrow is the big day!!! Gender day!!! FX for a girl, though ive been feeling boy. Very active boy at that. We'll see!!

Fill me in on the big stuff i missed!
Old 11-18-2012, 07:13 AM   #3
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnygirlmomof6 View Post
We had a busy day yesterday. Had to do a party over an hour away, but the weather was nice and the horses did well. I was just worried all day because I did not feel baby girl move hardly at all. But, her HR was strong when I checked it last night and she has been wiggling a little this morning, so all is well I guess. She had just been moving a lot mreo the past few days and then nothing yesterday. I guess she was resting. LOL
I bet she was quieter yesterday because you were, I'm assuming, up and moving and on the go. It's normal for baby to have quieter days here and there - I still wonder if those are connected with growth spurts for baby? It would make sense, just like they sleep more (mine do anyways) during growth spurts after they're born.

AFM: Church this morning, then likely spending the afternoon with Grandma and Grandpa.
The parade was pretty good last night, the kids had fun - the walking may not have been the best idea for me, my pelvis was really sore by the end of it, but at least I had a good nights' sleep after all of it!
Old 11-18-2012, 07:56 AM   #4
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport View Post
Tomorrow is the big day!!! Gender day!!! FX for a girl, though ive been feeling boy. Very active boy at that. We'll see!!

Fill me in on the big stuff i missed!
can't wait to hear about it!

Umm... big stuff... hmm...
Kelsey's DH is on board with homebirth now - wasn't that just last week? (swear, I used to have a memory!)

I went to the Dr on Thursday - DH came with me. It was just a walk-in appt, so quick, but it got the ball rolling and we were able to hear Hiccup's hb - though it's really hard to catch him in there! Friday I went back for an "official" prenatal (though I skip all the physical and pelvic exams) - measuring right on and got to hear hb again. We sent off the req for my u/s (at the hospital we want it done at), they called right away to set up an appt - this FRIDAY!
I'm really nervous... but I'm also a little bit excited. Just continuing to for a healthy Hiccup in there. I have gotten some good kicks this week, that is helping to relieve my worries a bit.

And one of these days I must find my brain so I can actually remember more than that!
Old 11-18-2012, 02:55 PM   #5
KelseyH
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers

Umm... big stuff... hmm...
Kelsey's DH is on board with homebirth now - wasn't that just last week? (swear, I used to have a memory!)
YES! it seems like it took him soooooo long to come around, but really it was just a few weeks. I am so thrilled.

So excited for all the mamas who are having their ultrasounds this week!! we get our blood test results on Tues. DH knows we are supposed to get results but I'm just going to pretend I don't get the email. I am forwarding it to my dad (without looking!! haha) who is going to call in the gender to a local cupcake company who is making pink- or blue-filled cupcakes for me and DH to eat and find out together. That should be Tuesday night if I get the results in time. I feel so creative! Haha. Normally I am awful about surprises. I can keep a secret, but I can't resist telling DH "Guessss whaaaaaaat?!?! I have a surrrrprise for youuuuuu!" He hates that.

I am starting to feel/see the baby kick regularly on the outside. I feel like this was so much earlier than with DS! I didn't keep a pregnancy journal with him, though, so I can't say for sure.

This morning in church was really, really hard for me. A group of men started a bible study over the summer after viewing the movie Courageous together and today there was a sort of culmination/commitment ceremony for the men that participated. The pastor read what I guess was the 11 principles that they studied, and they signed a ceremonial document together to show their devotion to their families, etc. DH doesn't share my faith, and actually rails against it pretty regularly. Several of the ladies in the bible study I attend were in front of the church with their husbands. It just sucked. I try to have faith that he will come around eventually, but being unequally yoked to someone who's not just ambivalent, but totally opposed to Christianity, is really hard on me. It doesn't help that at the beginning of the summer that I found out about an addiction to ****ography that has apparently been going on since before we got married. It made all of the time, effort, and energy that I had put into our marriage like a complete joke. Not to mention intimacy. And DH doesn't see anything wrong with it since "as soon as I found out, he stopped." Right.

Ugh. Sorry to vent. I've been able to ignore everything pretty well, but this morning brought all of those feelings back to the surface.
KelseyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:52 PM   #6
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelseyH View Post
YES! it seems like it took him soooooo long to come around, but really it was just a few weeks. I am so thrilled.

So excited for all the mamas who are having their ultrasounds this week!! we get our blood test results on Tues. DH knows we are supposed to get results but I'm just going to pretend I don't get the email. I am forwarding it to my dad (without looking!! haha) who is going to call in the gender to a local cupcake company who is making pink- or blue-filled cupcakes for me and DH to eat and find out together. That should be Tuesday night if I get the results in time. I feel so creative! Haha. Normally I am awful about surprises. I can keep a secret, but I can't resist telling DH "Guessss whaaaaaaat?!?! I have a surrrrprise for youuuuuu!" He hates that.

I am starting to feel/see the baby kick regularly on the outside. I feel like this was so much earlier than with DS! I didn't keep a pregnancy journal with him, though, so I can't say for sure.

This morning in church was really, really hard for me. A group of men started a bible study over the summer after viewing the movie Courageous together and today there was a sort of culmination/commitment ceremony for the men that participated. The pastor read what I guess was the 11 principles that they studied, and they signed a ceremonial document together to show their devotion to their families, etc. DH doesn't share my faith, and actually rails against it pretty regularly. Several of the ladies in the bible study I attend were in front of the church with their husbands. It just sucked. I try to have faith that he will come around eventually, but being unequally yoked to someone who's not just ambivalent, but totally opposed to Christianity, is really hard on me. It doesn't help that at the beginning of the summer that I found out about an addiction to ****ography that has apparently been going on since before we got married. It made all of the time, effort, and energy that I had put into our marriage like a complete joke. Not to mention intimacy. And DH doesn't see anything wrong with it since "as soon as I found out, he stopped." Right.

Ugh. Sorry to vent. I've been able to ignore everything pretty well, but this morning brought all of those feelings back to the surface.
Im in an unequally yoked marriage too. I just do what can and be an example. Pray, pray, pray.
Old 11-18-2012, 08:26 PM   #7
KelseyH
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport

Im in an unequally yoked marriage too. I just do what can and be an example. Pray, pray, pray.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange
Kelsey, I am sorry.. I have no answers, but I will pray.

and please feel free to vent - this is a safe place where you can be heard and not judged.
Thanks, ladies. <3
KelseyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:15 AM   #8
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Got my new sneakers--woo-hoo paid more for them then I wanted to but oh well they will be used ALOT!!!

Did not find a pregnancy pillow but I will order one when we get back from Thanksgiving. We may have a shorter vaca. Dh does several jobs and one of them he may have to work until wed--that means traveling on Wed and Thurs which I did not want to do at all and was thinking about staying here. But dh is insisting we go. We will find out tomoroow if he has to work those days or if we can leave Tues morning.

I get a gender scan tomorrow. I can not wait. Not so much for the gender but I want to make sure everything is good and safe. Oh I also want a Starbucks and Panera Bread. LOL! That's my Dr appt meal.

Last edited by dagmomma; 11-18-2012 at 08:16 AM.
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:00 AM   #9
MrsCrafty
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2wyatt
seller
seller

My Mood:
Whoo hoo for the gender appointments tomorrow! I love Panera too! Yummmm!
Well Friday I was sick again so I started back on my phenergan which makes me so tired. We did do lunch yesterday with friends, but I could barely eat, then back to my parents house for a nap. Then to my BFFs house to get my hair done! It turned out really cute, she calls the color 'Adele' it's a warm brown with blonde and darker redbrown pieces. I think I need to do a coconut oil mask today though. No plans today, might go into town, we need a few things at Target. Tomorrow is my last day of work for a week

Mibarra- thanks, I had posted in SN and got the same about the 504. We were recommended to get an FM system but the Deaf/HOH woman for the district said he doesn't qualify? It's all really frustrating. We live really rural so there are no other kids in our school district who need one I guess :-/
Old 11-18-2012, 09:23 AM   #10
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

BBB has a neat looking pregnancy pillow, I think it was the boppy brand. Have you checked that one out?
Mom2Connor is offline   Reply With Quote