Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 11-25-2012, 05:28 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
Proud of mil

Her grandma bear claws came out today. She is so quiet and meek. She never stands up for herself. She surprised me today. In the 3 years since dd was diagnosed with a peanut allergy she only recently stood up to her dh- telling him he was not allowed to have peanut stuff when dd was there. Of course dd just moved up from a class 4 to a class 6 so maybe that has something to do with it. Anyway, we went to a baby shower today for dh's cousin. It was all his family and we know everybody. In planning the hostess was thinking about serving some sort of nutty cracker thing but mil's sister (hostess' mil) reminded her dd was coming so no nuts. Don't know if that created an issue- i didn't even know dd's allergy even come up until after we left the shower. I had no idea it had been brought up ahead of time. Anyway, we get there and they have favors of little pots with reese cups in them. I saw them and wasn't going to say anything. They were take home favors and most people wouldn't even touch them until leaving. DD was going to be down stairs playing and the kids were not to eat anything at all down there. I went to the bathroom and when i cam back my mil was standing in front the favors. She said - do you see those? i said yes and before I could say anything else she was talking to the hostess (her nephew's wife). She told her dd has a severe peanut allergy could they put the favors away and hand them out as everyone left. I was completely shocked. It is so unlike her to speak up. She usually just sits quietly and worries. I would probably be embarrassed if everybody there hadn't been family. Most of whom are very familiar with dd's allergy. But some of them do forget- I think that is what threw mil over the edge, her elderly aunt was opening one to eat them while I was in the bathroom. I don't usually ask for anything special to be done at gatherings- all though this is the first time in 3 years that we have been to a gathering other then our family Christmas were peanut stuff was even present. I was kind of surprised to see the reese's cups. We have been to all kinds of showers and food gatherings in the last 3 years this was the first time there was something peanut. We normally feed her on the way anyway because of her dairy sensitivity and then she will eat chips, raw veggies or fruit at the gatherings.

And mil was actually mad that the reese cups were even there since she knows the hostess was reminded. Its kind of funny. Even though its not something I would have done I am happy that Grandma bear claws came out. I know she would do almost anything for them, but I didn't know she had that in her. She is so shy.
SAHM to LR 7/26/07 and IHM 10/6/10, wife to a self proclaimed genius, ex-navy guy. Going places and doing things that I always dreamed of, but never imagined I would.
jbug_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 05:48 PM   #2
Registered Users
Re: Proud of mil

Go Gramma!!
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:06 PM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:
Woohoo. I love this
Wife to DH and mommy to DD (12/07) and DS (2/11)
corinne76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:25 PM   #4
Registered Users
My Mood:
Good job grandma!
~Angela~ mommy to Audrey 12/8/06 wife to Adam 7/22/2005

Due May 2013
AngelTV83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:35 PM   #5
Registered Users
My Mood:

Good job!!
Theresa - sahm to sweet, baby(big girl ) Caroline who was born on 1-23-07 after her mommy dreamed of her for a lifetime
pumkinsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:59 PM   #6
formerly R***and**********

That's awesome!!
threelittlehoneys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:25 PM   #7
Registered Users
Proud grandma!

Sent from my Inspire. Hope everything makes sense!
*Bonita* - Loving, Converse Wearing, Hippie College Student,
Now Back in Texas
My Cheshire (Samson) Feb 2013

Lover Among Stars, a blog about my journey as a single mom with my little one.
loveramongstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:52 PM   #8
Registered Users
My Mood:
Way to go Grandma!!!
- Addie -
Wife to
Mama to (3/07) and (2/10) and our bonus blessing (3/12)
CaliRoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:09 AM   #9
Registered Users
My Mood:

Go Grandma!!!
Erica SAHM to DS2 DD2 and DS3 and wife to DH
Forever missing DS1 Oct. 2009 and DD1 Oct. 2011
Farafonov is offline   Reply With Quote