Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-06-2012, 08:01 PM   #1
KingsDaughter76
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Talking UPDATE with pics and review! New Diaper Safari cover!

Has anyone else seen these or tried them?

http://www.diapersafari.com/diaper-s...per-cover.html (cover)

http://www.diapersafari.com/diaper-s...d-inserts.html (insert)

Nice looking onesize cover with what appears to be AWESOME inside flaps to hold your prefolds or inserts in place....cheap price...they also are offering a bamboo prefold that has the option of a stay dry side...pretty decent pricing...just wanted to see what others think....

I ordered an ebony cover to try... will post a review once I get to try it out.

I loved the fit of their onesize pockets, but we cannot do micro-suede here due to rash issues.

Ok!! Got my cover and so far I REALLY love it!! The fit is identical to the diaper safari pockets....has hip snaps to prevent wing droop...gentle leg elastic and back waist elastic...I love the deep pocket openings for the insert...the back one has elastic to really keep the insert in place! The pul seems to be nice quality...not flimsy at all. This cover feels stretchy like a flip...the tabs have a nice stretch to them! I would say the quality is the same or actually a bit nicer than a flip cover! Sturdy snaps and good color selection. I used a size 2 capri insert in mine with the cover set on the middle rise snaps and the waist snapped all the way shut on the waist and almost on the tightest snap for the legs. There is a cross-over snap for the waist. My overall opinion of this cover thus far is that it is VERY trim, and seems to hold the insert in place very well~I will update more after naptime is over. Anyways, here are some pics- not the best because he was not cooperating and was ready for nap.

My son is 24 lbs and 34" tall.. he is 18 months old. I would consider him a long and lean baby that is a heavy wetter. This cover has a very generous fit and seems like it will fit for a long time

**Naptime update! He slept for 3 hours and it held it all in- no leaks or wicking...the capri insert was SOAKED..but not a single leak! The insert had not budged an inch inside either...and he is an active sleeper..moving and such all over the place.

Kellina ~Wife to a Cowboy & Christian Homeschooling Mama to 9 kids and YES we would love to have more! Baby #9 is here!! IT'S A GIRL!! Born Oct 1st 2014!!
Forever missing my 7 m/c babies now safe in the arms of Jesus EARN Amazon giftcards for FREE!! Click to sign up for SWAGBUCKS!!

Last edited by KingsDaughter76; 12-10-2012 at 08:28 PM.
KingsDaughter76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:08 PM   #2
bigmamakelsey
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: New Diaper Safari cover and insert??

Ooo, those look awesome! I love the fit of their pockets so I bet the covers are nice as well. The insert is my favorite thing! I bet those would be great at nice inside a fitted for my heavy wetter. I love that it's cotton/bamboo with a stay dry top.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:29 PM   #3
avismomma816
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Yeah!! I've been excited and anxiously waiting fr the FB announcement! I want to know if there will be buy 1 get 1 free like the pockets have been... anyone know because that's how I'll try I love how the snaps match the shell... Über cute!!
Old 12-06-2012, 09:03 PM   #4
mms1972
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm wondering on the layering of the insert--is it just 1 layer bamboo/1layer of suedecloth?
Old 12-07-2012, 10:00 AM   #5
Diaper Safari
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mms1972 View Post
I'm wondering on the layering of the insert--is it just 1 layer bamboo/1layer of suedecloth?
It's two layers of the bamboo/cotton, plus the microsuede top -- so when tri-folded, you get SIX layers of bamboo/cotton!
Diaper Safari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:06 AM   #6
Kabuki24
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diaper Safari View Post
It's two layers of the bamboo/cotton, plus the microsuede top -- so when tri-folded, you get SIX layers of bamboo/cotton!
Since you're on here, question for you. Are you going to offer any with fleece or even the diapers with fleece? We can't do suedecloth.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:16 AM   #7
Diaper Safari
Registered Users

We looked into offering microfleece instead during development (that was actually the original plan!) but found that there aren't terribly many suedecloth options out there, so we decided to go that route in order to give people options.
Diaper Safari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:28 PM   #8
me_just_me
Registered Users

My Mood:

If you don't mind white snaps and elastic, it looks almost like the same cover you can get here for $5!

I just saw the one in the picture in a thread during a search I did on covers. And then saw the cover in this thread. They look almost identical!

Old 12-07-2012, 05:54 AM   #9
Servant4Christ
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Wow! These look IDENTICAL to my diaper rite covers and wolbybugs!

Last edited by Servant4Christ; 12-07-2012 at 01:09 PM.
Servant4Christ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:31 AM   #10
risata
Registered Users
seller

Those are cute and I love the colors!