Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-11-2012, 01:16 AM   #1
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
My Dh is a criminal!

Do you check your mail to make sure it is in your name before you open it?

I just told DH I was going to report him because he opened up a random person's mail that was sent to our address. It was a Vonage Advertisement. He threw it away! He is so going to jail! So are you evil? Do you open and trash other people desperately wanted junk mail? If I ever divorce him (again) , I'm totally going to use the fact that he commits mail crimes against him.

My Come Swag with me! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rdesonia
Rdesonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:22 AM   #2
Shimpie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: My Dh is a criminal!

I trash junk mail for the previous tenant with relish, especially mail for Marlboro miles/points or whatever. On the other hand, I've gone out of my way to return mail from the DMV sent to the wrong address and deliver my neighbors' mis-delivered mail.
Shimpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:02 AM   #3
Agla
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
I do look. I have a mail carrier that would give me all kind of random mail.

I'm glad other people look too. Just this week I have had two packages delivered to the wrong address. One was a Christmas present. The other was a computer! Luckily both people were honest.

Earn easy Amazon GCs with Perk TV
Soft Star shoes are awesome. Buy them here. I Twice $10 off on your first order at Twice.

Last edited by Agla; 12-11-2012 at 08:27 AM.
Agla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:52 AM   #4
Rhianna'sMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I accidentally opened one of the neighbors bills once. I opened it without paying attention and then when I saw the total looked closer and realized it wasn't ours. I gladly returned that to them. I occationally get someones junk mail delivered to us and I toss that. I'm not taking someone junk mail a legitimate mail yes, but not junk.
Rhianna'sMommy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:59 AM   #5
BinahYeteirah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I mark them "return to sender" with a note that the addressee does not live at my address. Often this gets those people taken off the mailing list at my address.
BinahYeteirah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:03 AM   #6
Kimmyann
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If it comes to my house I either open it or trash it.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:32 AM   #7
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i put it back in the mailbox, even junk mail, so the carrier knows they made a mistake... unless its my address with other peoples names, that i throw out or do a catalog stop, etc.
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010; Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months & LO#2 born 12/1/2013; first diaper was a tiny Swaddlebees Newborn Fitted! Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here and a newer one here. My thoughts on how to Wash Wool
Pixi6s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:37 AM   #8
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

We still get junk mail from the old owners of this house. We have lived here for over three years. It is slowing down somewhat. They got a lot of junk mail apparently.

What I think is funniest is that there is a family that still sends an xmas card (the picture and letter combo deal) every Christmas. That is exactly why I don't do those things....I mean seriously, if you don't know someone moved over THREE YEARS ago, how close are you really to them, and do they really want to see your xmas card?
Old 12-11-2012, 03:29 PM   #9
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Connor View Post
We still get junk mail from the old owners of this house. We have lived here for over three years. It is slowing down somewhat. They got a lot of junk mail apparently.

What I think is funniest is that there is a family that still sends an xmas card (the picture and letter combo deal) every Christmas. That is exactly why I don't do those things....I mean seriously, if you don't know someone moved over THREE YEARS ago, how close are you really to them, and do they really want to see your xmas card?
we get these too! Dude...we've owned this house over 4 years ... come one people!
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 07:50 AM   #10
divabeadz
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: In a turn of the century farmhouse with my 2 favorite people!

Junk mail doesn't get forwarded so I suspect the USPS doesn't care if you open someone else's junk mail. I've accidentally opened mail in my box addressed to someone else before - first class mail I'll bring back to the post office, junk mail I'll just toss in the recycle bin. Several years ago, one of my pieces of mail was accidentally placed in the wrong box and the recipient kept it! It was a custom BRI skirty for my dd.