Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-20-2013, 08:42 AM   #1
MothyrGrimm
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Tell me about Alva pockets.

Our diapers were working fine for a ling time until ds started getting a wetness sensitivity. Coming back to the fsot all I hear about is Alva's. What's the deal?
Old 01-20-2013, 09:26 AM   #2
mommadeeof4+
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Tell me about Alva pockets.

they are veryyyy inexpensive (4-6$ per diaper including insert) and great quality in my experience! they are from china, you can order directly from them (alvababy.com) or a co-op or there are a lot of usa sellers too (alva fb page) i only have 4 in my stash now because i am favoring the ease of flats/covers but for 6 months straight alvas was all i used on my son and we never had a single issue. Some orders got messed up and customer service was fantastic and always sent replacements plus free diapers. the ones i have now i stuff with flats like the rest of my pockets because i despise microfiber.
Old 01-20-2013, 09:41 AM   #3
March
Registered Users
seller

One thing you should know is that neither they nor their resellers are CPSIA compliant and thus your packages could (technically *should*) be seized at customs upon entering the US as they are illegal to import. They have violated several patents and infringed upon copyrighted artwork, and attempting to import any of those theoretically could get you in big legal hot water. I realize that thousands of people "get away with" buying them, just like people get away with media pirating, but there's always that risk. Just so you're informed before you make a decision.
March is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:15 AM   #4
KimA
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by March View Post
One thing you should know is that neither they nor their resellers are CPSIA compliant and thus your packages could (technically *should*) be seized at customs upon entering the US as they are illegal to import. They have violated several patents and infringed upon copyrighted artwork, and attempting to import any of those theoretically could get you in big legal hot water. I realize that thousands of people "get away with" buying them, just like people get away with media pirating, but there's always that risk. Just so you're informed before you make a decision.
Ditto on this!
The PUL is thinner on these. I have a heavy wetter of a two month old and they wick through the PUL. In regards to diaper especially, you get what you pay for. There is also no warranty with these diapers. If you get a bad batch or the snaps break you are stuck with them.
KimA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:02 AM   #5
PBAki
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by March View Post
What I would also worry about these products is contamination of various toxins like lead and other heavy metal. You just don't know how these products are made. I certainly wouldn't take a chance in such inferior product with our children. And like KimA said, a lot of these diapers have very thin PUL. New PUL shouldn't leak through even if you have a heavy wetter.
Old 01-20-2013, 11:51 AM   #6
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller

My Mood:
China cheapies are the way to go these days. Not my cup of tea. I just can't get over the whole washing in warm only to keep from delaminating. Also, I keep wondering when I'm going to hear about them for sale at the dollar store.

Jodie ~ mama to Big K, Medium K & Lil' k

Last edited by P!nkPepper; 01-20-2013 at 11:53 AM.
P!nkPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:28 PM   #7
momEmac
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickshep19
China cheapies are the way to go these days. Not my cup of tea. I just can't get over the whole washing in warm only to keep from delaminating. Also, I keep wondering when I'm going to hear about them for sale at the dollar store.

Jodie ~ mama to Big K, Medium K & Lil' k
I have 18 alvas I've been using for a year and I've always washed on hot and dried in the dryer on hot. Not one has delaminated and they get washed 2-3 times per week.

My iDevices are out to get me. Please excuse mistakes.

buildingmyhealth.my90forlife.com/
momEmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:21 AM   #8
swrlgrl105
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by momEmac View Post
I have 18 alvas I've been using for a year and I've always washed on hot and dried in the dryer on hot. Not one has delaminated and they get washed 2-3 times per week.

My iDevices are out to get me. Please excuse mistakes.
same here, mine get heavily used and I was on hot 2-3 times a week with a little bleach each time even, and the PUL and elastic is still in brand new condition. I know people have stong opinions regarding them either way but if you are looking for a good diaper on a tight budget, I loooooove mine
Old 01-20-2013, 12:26 PM   #9
MothyrGrimm
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Hrm soulds weird. But if I buy from a USA seller they are fine right? Since its not from the actual manufacturers or crossing borders? Idk how that stuff works. I'd be interested in trying them possibly....
Old 01-20-2013, 12:30 PM   #10
L J
Gazelle Intense
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MothyrGrimm
Hrm soulds weird. But if I buy from a USA seller they are fine right? Since its not from the actual manufacturers or crossing borders? Idk how that stuff works. I'd be interested in trying them possibly....
Your best way to go is buying from a coop. PM me if you would like the name of the most ethical coop I have ever seen, run by my dear friend.
L J is offline   Reply With Quote