Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-22-2013, 12:56 AM   #1
Marianna1988
Registered Users
seller
seller

Stainless steel cookware question

Will an immersion bender scratch my stainless steel cookware? I've noticed my metal spatula leaves little scratches, more than my bamboo ones. I've never used a handheld, I'm not sure if it touches the pan?
~$25 off your first order of $50 at gilt.com!
Marianna1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:48 AM   #2
dani_p
Registered Users

Immersion blenders have a plastic guard all around the blades. They won't scratch your pots. I LOVE mine. I use it all the time.
Expecting number two (04/14)!
dani_p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:14 PM   #3
Marianna1988
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by dani_p
Immersion blenders have a plastic guard all around the blades. They won't scratch your pots. I LOVE mine. I use it all the time.
Thanks!
~$25 off your first order of $50 at gilt.com!
Marianna1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:35 PM   #4
mama_to_DJM
Registered Users

Re: Stainless steel cookware question

Quote:
Originally Posted by dani_p View Post
Really? What brand do you have? I have a KitchenAid one, and it has metal all around the bottom part, so I'm hesitant to use it in my pots.

My cooking blog- http://michellesnewrecipes.blogspot.com/
mama_to_DJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:31 PM   #5
dani_p
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama_to_DJM

Really? What brand do you have? I have a KitchenAid one, and it has metal all around the bottom part, so I'm hesitant to use it in my pots.
It's made by Braun... It's probably 15 years old (it was a hand-me-down from my dad's kitchen). Not sure if they even make them anymore
Old 01-22-2013, 03:35 PM   #6
dani_p
Registered Users

I did a quick Amazon search and the only Braun units there are not for use in the US. I found a Cuisinart one that has a plastic guard here: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS.../chrisficti-20 But it has bad reviews... :shrug:
Old 01-23-2013, 12:38 PM   #7
BSWmama
Registered Users
seller

Re: Stainless steel cookware question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianna1988 View Post
Will an immersion bender scratch my stainless steel cookware? I've noticed my metal spatula leaves little scratches, more than my bamboo ones. I've never used a handheld, I'm not sure if it touches the pan?
I have stainless steel cookware and I don't worry about anything scratching it. That was the point of upgrading from the nonstick coated stuff I was using before. If food gets stuck on (sometimes happens) then I use an abrasive (Bar Keeper's Friend and scrubby sponge) to clean it off.
BSWmama is offline   Reply With Quote