Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-23-2013, 07:54 PM   #1
jacandy
Registered Users
seller

Advice and recipes please!

Hello!
We're expecting baby number 4 and I'm wiped out and going through the first trimester so lots I morning sickness Any suggestions for that? I take zofran and it sometimes helps but chasing after the other 3 munchkins sometimes voids out the zofran.

And I would love if you could share a homemade bread recipe and a Mac n cheese one (craving it right now!). I don't have a bread maker right now but want to look into getting one.

http://www.iheartfrugality.com
jacandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:21 AM   #2
raisingcropsandbabies
Registered Users
seller

Re: Advice and recipes please!

Here is my bread recipe:

Honey Oatmeal Bread
1 C oats
2 t sea salt
2 C boiling water (you can also use homemade chicken stock)
2 T butter (you can also use coconut oil)
1/2 honey

Mix these 5 ingred together and let stand 20 minutes or so; combine 3t yeast and 1/2 warm water. Let yeast mixture stand for 10 minutes, then mix into oat mixture.
Add 5-6 C flour (I used hard white wheat) until dough is workable.
Knead until elastic and smooth (14 minutes in the Bosch mixer... don't know what it would be in a kitchen aid)
Let rise until double (about 1 hr), punch down and roll into 2 loaves. Place in bread pans and let rise to double.

Bake 375 for 35 minutes! I like to butter the sides and top after it comes out of the oven.

---------------

My Mac And Cheese Recipe:

Boil 8 oz. whole wheat penne or elbow noodles and drain.

Melt 2 Tbsp. butter in saucepan. Add 2Tbsp. flour and 1 tsp. salt and pepper if wanted and whisk it in with butter. Let it bubble and continually stir for a couple minutes. Add in 2 cups of milk and stir. Stir until it starts to gently boil. Let it bubble for 1 minute. Add in 2 cups shredded cheese and stir in until melted.

Add in noodles and fold together until it is all coated. Pour into a greased pan (you can also sprinkle some cheese on top and I've heard some people sprinkle paprika on top, but I never have) and bake 25 minutes or so at 350 degrees.

DH grew up with his mom making this recipe and so I learned it from her. The boys love it now.

------------

((big hugs)). I felt so sick with my 4th as well (boys were 3,2,1 at the time). It is so hard and I just feel so much for you. I hope the sickness fades away soon!
raisingcropsandbabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:08 AM   #3
jacandy
Registered Users
seller

Thank you! I totally forgot about this tread

http://www.iheartfrugality.com
jacandy is offline   Reply With Quote