Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2013, 12:22 AM   #1
5PrincessMommy's Avatar
5PrincessMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Mrs_Brady
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 12,274
Age and fertility

So I read an article that says fertility starts decreasing dramatically at 30, and continues to decrease to 35, and then from 35-40 decreases much more (ha, did that make sense?).

So I'm curious, for those who do not use birth control and are over 39 have you noticed this? Meaning maybe you had lots of babies before 30 but it slowed down after 30?

Sorry fur typos. I can't see what I'm typing on the app!
__________________
Natasha: Mom to toddlers and tweens and everything in between.
5PrincessMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:22 AM   #2
5PrincessMommy's Avatar
5PrincessMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Mrs_Brady
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 12,274
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5PrincessMommy
So I read an article that says fertility starts decreasing dramatically at 30, and continues to decrease to 35, and then from 35-40 decreases much more (ha, did that make sense?).

So I'm curious, for those who do not use birth control and are over 39 have you noticed this? Meaning maybe you had lots of babies before 30 but it slowed down after 30?

Sorry fur typos. I can't see what I'm typing on the app!
That should say over 30 not 39
__________________
Natasha: Mom to toddlers and tweens and everything in between.
5PrincessMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:35 AM   #3
Chamomile Girl's Avatar
Chamomile Girl
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 178
Re: Age and fertility

No.

We started TTC when I was 31, and had no luck for four long years. DS was conceived when I was 35, and DS2 at 37, both spontaneously I guess you could say.

So I seem to have gotten more fertile as I've aged.
Chamomile Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:39 AM   #4
5PrincessMommy's Avatar
5PrincessMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Mrs_Brady
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 12,274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamomile Girl
No.

We started TTC when I was 31, and had no luck for four long years. DS was conceived when I was 35, and DS2 at 37, both spontaneously I guess you could say.

So I seem to have gotten more fertile as I've aged.
Interesting! I think I read somewhere else that once you have a baby your fertility increases so maybe that is why. But I could totally be making that up. I read a lot and only seem to remember bits and pieces lol!
__________________
Natasha: Mom to toddlers and tweens and everything in between.
5PrincessMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:45 AM   #5
Chamomile Girl's Avatar
Chamomile Girl
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 178
Re: Age and fertility

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5PrincessMommy View Post
Interesting! I think I read somewhere else that once you have a baby your fertility increases so maybe that is why. But I could totally be making that up. I read a lot and only seem to remember bits and pieces lol!
Yes I have read that too. I wish DH had since he was not as careful as he might have been since "It was so hard for you to get pregnant with DS!".
Chamomile Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:47 AM   #6
5PrincessMommy's Avatar
5PrincessMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Mrs_Brady
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 12,274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamomile Girl

Yes I have read that too. I wish DH had since he was not as careful as he might have been since "It was so hard for you to get pregnant with DS!".
Haha whoops!
__________________
Natasha: Mom to toddlers and tweens and everything in between.
5PrincessMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:46 AM   #7
5PrincessMommy's Avatar
5PrincessMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Mrs_Brady
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 12,274
I ask this question because I will be turning 30 soon, but I am on the depo shot do cannot test this out lol! I had 5 kids between the ages of 18-28. Basically the only time I didn't have a kid during that time was when I was 1) pregnant already 2) on birth control but even then it wasn't full proof hence kid 3 and 5 and 3) was divorced and not remarried yet. Basically anytime I was "active" and not already pregnant I got pregnant.

My mom got pregnant with my brother at 34. But there was a long gap..but that's because my dad got a vasectomy, but then my mom got divorced remarried etc. so no way to tell if there would have been a long gap had there not been those factors.
__________________
Natasha: Mom to toddlers and tweens and everything in between.
5PrincessMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:48 AM   #8
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: usa
Posts: 14,058
My Mood:
Re: Age and fertility

Doesn't seem that way for my sil... 8 kids & she's in 30s or so mayb 40s.......
__________________
Join me making money doing the following: shopkick, Swagbucks Bing it, fronto unlockscreen , Perk, receipthog,1Q, Free Eats, panel app
abunchoflemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:01 AM   #9
willownz's Avatar
willownz
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Dunedin, New Zealand
Posts: 2,328
My Mood:
I had a baby easily (umplanned) at 25. It has been a mission since then to not only get pregnant but to stay pregnant. I have three living kids but have had 4 1st tri mc and one second tri. It has also taken me longer and longer to gey pregnant. I stated trying for Ben when I was 31, he took 14 months and he didnt make it.
My fertility is definetly going downhill.

Kiwi mum of 4 including Benjamin born still at 19 weeks on Jan 17th 2013.
__________________
Helen. New Zealand living, cloth nappy using and making. Totally addicted to knitting. Mum of Samuel (11/05), Mollie (6/08), Meghan (5/10) and Benjamin (17/1/2013) born 19 weeks 2 days.
willownz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 05:03 AM   #10
butterflygirl71
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 208
Re: Age and fertility

I am 42 and due with #6 in 2 weeks. I don't think my fertility has really decreased much. I have been having babies since I was 18.
__________________
Renee- Army wife to Tony SAHM to Tim 23, Michaela 18, Jacob 15, Briana 9 Gabriel 1 and William 1/31/13
butterflygirl71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.