Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-31-2013, 05:38 PM   #1
luvinmybaby!
Registered Users
seller

Want to learn about making own baby food

My DS just turned 4 mos, so within the next couple months I'm gong to introduce foods. I'd like to stay away from processed foods as much as possible. Does anyone have advice or good resources on making their own baby food? Thanks!
luvinmybaby! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:12 PM   #2
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: Want to learn about making own baby food

Just did soft fruits and soften veggies put in blender and add little part juice ourbaby water. My Tusker liked. If toy buy soft fruits. Best I didn't do. I can't remember online link but I can look in my email later. As my toddler was one of the older ones in group but they sent put a good one. Different sites say different things. Take slow may note take right away. Book I have says try veggies first... We did fruits not that it makes difference now.
Old 01-31-2013, 06:35 PM   #3
5lilmonkeys
Registered Users
seller

This was my favorite website for guidance in making baby and toddler food. http://wholesomebabyfood.momtastic.com/
5lilmonkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 06:52 PM   #4
DaraNoel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5lilmonkeys
This was my favorite website for guidance in making baby and toddler food. http://wholesomebabyfood.momtastic.com/
^this is my go to site. Lol anytime I google about how to cook a food, that site is the first 3 answers. Lol
DaraNoel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:39 PM   #5
amandact
Registered Users
seller
seller

We just went through this and unfortunately it feels like every website said something different. But, I really like the wholesome baby website. Steaming and pureeing is simple and works great. Also, for out of season fruits i buy frozen fruits (peaches etc b/c they help with constipation). I freeze in trays and it doesn't take long. I usually mix together after thawing....good luck. This is our first and so far food has been crazy fun!!! Just when I thought she couldn't get any cuter she smiles with peas all over her face
amandact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:40 PM   #6
Kay+Dave
Registered Users

Wholesomebabyfood.com is a WONDERFUL resource!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 02-06-2013, 02:43 PM   #7
s@hmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5lilmonkeys View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kay+Dave View Post
Wholesomebabyfood.com is a WONDERFUL resource!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
I third this source! I just used my blender, food processor, or food mill. I never found I needed any special equipment.

I also found these nifty little storage cups at the dollar tree that held exactly 1 oz of food. I would freeze them in those and then throw all of the containers in a freezer bag to make sure they didn't get freezer burn. They we perfect for traveling or staking in the refrigerator to thaw each day.

Last edited by s@hmommy; 02-06-2013 at 02:46 PM.
s@hmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:18 PM   #8
luvinmybaby!
Registered Users
seller

Awesome, thanks everyone, I have bookmarked the wholesome foods website. Does anyone recommend a good purée thing to mash up the baby food? I have a blender but it seems that would be too big, or at least a pain to clean all the time.
luvinmybaby! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 07:03 PM   #9
saraley
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvinmybaby! View Post
Awesome, thanks everyone, I have bookmarked the wholesome foods website. Does anyone recommend a good purée thing to mash up the baby food? I have a blender but it seems that would be too big, or at least a pain to clean all the time.
you don't have to have a fancy baby food maker; you can use a blender or food processor- but if you are going to get one I really liked the Baby Brezza; it steams and blends all in one, so you just put your fruit or veggies in and it steams for you then blends it...
i would make large batches and freeze in ice cube trays- then i could make different foods etc by mixing cubes and reheating. (ie sweet potato cube with an apple cube, or a turkey cube)
Old 02-01-2013, 05:59 AM   #10
amandact
Registered Users
seller
seller

I use the beaba (it was a gift) and I love it. But I know others have had mixed results....
amandact is offline   Reply With Quote