Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-15-2013, 12:17 PM   #1
Mayghan
Registered Users
seller
seller

How long does it take for your milk to re-regulate

My dd just went through what I assume was her 3 month growth spurt, she went 2 weeks of nursing non stop, and pooping only every 2-4 days (loads of wet diapers). Monday her nursing went back to normal, and she's pooping 2-4 times a day! Problem is now her poop is green! My breast feel full all the time so Im assuming she increased supply so now drinking only foremilk. Yesterday I started always putting her on one breast until she starts popping off and crying (usually the second time she nurses on that side) so Im guessing its empty and then I switch her sides. So is this normal? When do I worry??
Old 02-15-2013, 07:12 PM   #2
Wholemom
Registered Users
seller

Re: How long does it take for your milk to re-regulate

4-5 weeks for both my girls. With my first it took about 4.5 but I was exclusively nursing her. With DD2 it took at least 5 weeks because I pumped the excess milk for my comfort.
Whenever there was a growth spurt. Don't worry at all things will even out. If you have a pump (manual or electric try pumping a few minutes beforehand if not you could try.hand expressing. But really your body should adjust on its own

Last edited by Wholemom; 02-15-2013 at 07:18 PM.
Wholemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 10:09 PM   #3
lovebabies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Don't worry, your body will re-regulate! Green poop can be caused by a lot of different things too, so that alone wouldn't make me worry. As long as she's happy and growing, you should be ok. Sounds like she's taking in a full feeding, right? They start to get a lot more efficient at that age, so she's probably getting more milk faster than before. Any chance she could be starting to teethe or has a little drainage? My babies' poop always gets green when they are swallowing drool from teething (even if the teeth aren't coming in yet).
Old 02-16-2013, 11:44 PM   #4
Mayghan
Registered Users
seller
seller

Oh good to know. She's been chewing her hands and drooling big time the last 2 weeks or so! I thought teeth but I don't see/feel anything and she's only 3 months. She's for sure eating enough, she's actually always been an efficient nursing once we fugured it all out. I was just getting concerned that she want getting enough hind mink, it's kind of weird cause the poop is seedy like its suppose to be but green instead of yellow/orange.
Old 02-17-2013, 06:33 PM   #5
lovebabies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayghan
Oh good to know. She's been chewing her hands and drooling big time the last 2 weeks or so! I thought teeth but I don't see/feel anything and she's only 3 months. She's for sure eating enough, she's actually always been an efficient nursing once we fugured it all out. I was just getting concerned that she want getting enough hind mink, it's kind of weird cause the poop is seedy like its suppose to be but green instead of yellow/orange.
In this case, I wouldn't worry AT ALL. Sounds like she's getting full feedings (fore and hindmilk), and I'd put my money on the drool causing the green poop. I mean, my babies turn out some crazy green diapers! Like as green as grass! Lol. It can be a little shocking.
Old 02-17-2013, 06:22 AM   #6
Camsmom13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hi there. I'm experiencing the same thing as you with my 3 month old (Nov 13). His poop recently got darker, I thought it was because we sometimes supplement with formula (I've had a breast reduction and reconstruction so it's a miracle that I'm breast feeding 95% of the time). But on days when he doesn't need a formula top up his poop is still the darker color. Then I thought about my diet...I've been eating a lot more veggies lately, and have added avocado to my diet . Seems to me what goes in, must come out! Anyone else notice this correlation as well? Also, he's nursing a lot more frequently this week, is fighting sleeps ans naps and is having a lot of "hand snacks" my husband is afraid he's not getting enough to eat and I doubt myself sometimes too but I'm hoping this is just a phase (along with tr green poop!). pS sorry for all the typos, I'm on iPhone and baby is asleep on my lap after a rough night.y leg is asleep too. Lol)

Last edited by Camsmom13; 02-17-2013 at 06:25 AM. Reason: Typing error disclaimer
Camsmom13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 06:39 AM   #7
mammacandoit
Registered Users
seller

So glad that I read this post. I've been experiencing the same thing.

mammacandoit is offline   Reply With Quote