Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2013, 03:00 PM   #1
happy2beamom's Avatar
happy2beamom
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vancouver Canada
Posts: 1,688
Opinions on Fuzzi Bunz Onesize Elites

I have the opportunity to buy some used ones, but i don't have any experience with them. I have read the reviews on the FB site, but i want some honest reviews form here

If you've used them, did you like them? At what age/size did you use them?

How do they compare to the sized ones? (i used s, m, and petite with my last 2 - but smalls only lasted about 8 weeks).
__________________
K SAHM of 7 year old DS, 4 1/2 year old DD, and baby DS. Living life one day at a time
happy2beamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:11 PM   #2
Jcurrie's Avatar
Jcurrie
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Rankin Inlet, NU
Posts: 1,825
I found the leg elastics difficult to adjust for a good fit. I never really got a good fit for my son with them and eventually sold them. I tried them when my son was 12 to 16 lbs. They are the only diaper that my son ever had blowouts with. They were really trim and I wanted to love them!
Jcurrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:44 PM   #3
happy2beamom's Avatar
happy2beamom
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vancouver Canada
Posts: 1,688
Re: Opinions on Fuzzi Bunz Onesize Elites

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcurrie View Post
I found the leg elastics difficult to adjust for a good fit. I never really got a good fit for my son with them and eventually sold them. I tried them when my son was 12 to 16 lbs. They are the only diaper that my son ever had blowouts with. They were really trim and I wanted to love them!

Oh gosh I was hoping that since the leg elastic was adjustable it would be better! DS and DD both had the awkward time between small and medium and then medium and petite because the legs were gaping (but the smaller size the rise was too short and explosions came out the back). I thought this might work better.

Is there a difference between just the onesize and the elite? or is it the same thing?
__________________
K SAHM of 7 year old DS, 4 1/2 year old DD, and baby DS. Living life one day at a time
happy2beamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:16 PM   #4
March's Avatar
March
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: South Louisiana
Posts: 2,534
Different generations of the same product. Several key differences, but same concept.

I love the Elite and have several tricks up my sleeve to make it fit ANY baby. You just have to understand how it works spatially. People want to tighten the leg elastic to get a seal around the legs, but that's not at all how it works. That adjusts the rise, and is PART of how you get the fit around the legs, but you have to know how to adjust the waist elastic (in the back) and make the best use of the snaps, too. I can fit these on any baby, though, I promise! I've done it before for fed-up moms who thought these diapers "just didn't work" for their babies. Many people experience compression leaks with these because they don't let the elastic out far enough and then use waist settings properly to get the seal around the legs.

These were underwear trim on my kids! Trimmer than disposables, honestly. I truly love them.

Last edited by March; 02-21-2013 at 04:17 PM.
March is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:15 PM   #5
Jcurrie's Avatar
Jcurrie
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Rankin Inlet, NU
Posts: 1,825
Quote:
Originally Posted by March
Different generations of the same product. Several key differences, but same concept.

I love the Elite and have several tricks up my sleeve to make it fit ANY baby. You just have to understand how it works spatially. People want to tighten the leg elastic to get a seal around the legs, but that's not at all how it works. That adjusts the rise, and is PART of how you get the fit around the legs, but you have to know how to adjust the waist elastic (in the back) and make the best use of the snaps, too. I can fit these on any baby, though, I promise! I've done it before for fed-up moms who thought these diapers "just didn't work" for their babies. Many people experience compression leaks with these because they don't let the elastic out far enough and then use waist settings properly to get the seal around the legs.

These were underwear trim on my kids! Trimmer than disposables, honestly. I truly love them.
I wish I had you around when I was struggling with them!
Jcurrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:32 PM   #6
QuartzandPyrite's Avatar
QuartzandPyrite
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 883
My Mood:
Re: Opinions on Fuzzi Bunz Onesize Elites

I bought one when my son was about 7 months old and used it until 14 months in a rotation with mostly Charlie Banana pockets. I like the look of it and the absorbency was good, but I thought it ran a little small and I liked the quality of the materials in the Charlie Banana better. They are very similar products, although the minky dries faster and the FB is narrower through the crotch. Makes for a slim fit but difficult to stuff. :twocents:
QuartzandPyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:49 PM   #7
Malka
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 805
Re: Opinions on Fuzzi Bunz Onesize Elites

I have one that I got as a freebie. The fit is great. But it's so narrow and hard to stuff. Combined with sticky PUL and minky inserts that want to stick to the PUL, its nearly impossible to stuff. I also don't think the minky inserts wick the wetness as well as cotton does, and its hard to find anything else that will fit to stuff it with. As a single diaper in my stash I'm willing to put up with it, but I would never want a stash of these.
Malka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:55 PM   #8
March's Avatar
March
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: South Louisiana
Posts: 2,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malka
I have one that I got as a freebie. The fit is great. But it's so narrow and hard to stuff. Combined with sticky PUL and minky inserts that want to stick to the PUL, its nearly impossible to stuff. I also don't think the minky inserts wick the wetness as well as cotton does, and its hard to find anything else that will fit to stuff it with. As a single diaper in my stash I'm willing to put up with it, but I would never want a stash of these.
They have a cotton linen organic insert made to fit in the Elite.
March is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:10 PM   #9
MomBecks's Avatar
MomBecks
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Woodland Park, CO
Posts: 2,820
Re: Opinions on Fuzzi Bunz Onesize Elites

Quote:
Originally Posted by March View Post
They have a cotton linen organic insert made to fit in the Elite.
I love their cotton inserts and use them a overnight doublers! They wash so well and dry super fast because they're only 2 layers but sewn down the side like a butterfly so when folded they're 4 layers. Genius!
__________________
SAHM, homeschooling mama to 5 crazy munchkins.
MomBecks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:00 PM   #10
lady longs
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: az
Posts: 2,344
My Mood:
Re: Opinions on Fuzzi Bunz Onesize Elites

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomBecks View Post
I love their cotton inserts and use them a overnight doublers! They wash so well and dry super fast because they're only 2 layers but sewn down the side like a butterfly so when folded they're 4 layers. Genius!
Where is a good place to buy these?
lady longs is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.