Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 03-16-2013, 04:08 PM   #1
Registered Users
what is best for feeding expressed milk?

Having trouble finding a really slow flow nipple. Just wondering for those of you who've used different brands, what's the slowest you used? I got a free similac bottle- lowest level of nipple, their new one, it was way too fast for my little man. He chokes enough on my letdown, the bottle shouldn't be pouring out too! thanks.
gghmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 04:29 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
The slowest, and least leaky bottle we had was th 97 cents parents choice at Walmart. They are clear with an animal printed on the side and a bright colored ring. Tried a few others and luckily the cheapies worked best!
AngelElle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 04:46 PM   #3
My Mood:
Re: what is best for feeding expressed milk?

My 1st son did well on Platex nursers with latex nipples. My 2nd son would only use the Walmart cheapies like the PP mentioned. My 3rd son took Playtex nursers with latex nipples. My 4th son uses Advent or Medela when he will take one.

Last edited by l_Kimmie_l; 03-16-2013 at 04:47 PM.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 06:23 PM   #4
Registered Users
DD uses Avent bottles. We started with the #1 nipples, now she'll only use #2. We tried the #3 at one point and it was just too much for her.

From the phone.
Married the best husband ever May 2009 , Mama to E 9-2-12, A 9-14-14, and May 2016
1healthylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 01:06 AM   #5
Registered Users
Formerly: hu**rees
I had success using Born free bottles with the size 1 nipples.
"You think that true love is the only thing that can crush your heart;
that will take your life and light it up or destroy it.
Then, you become a mother."

Austen 06/12
Only is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 03:20 AM   #6
Registered Users
I've used playtex drop in withs all 3 kids.
Jaelyn(6-16-07) & Dominic (2-4-10)
HBA2C Damian(6-19-12)
jaelynsmommy61607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 04:02 AM   #7
Registered Users
My Mood:
Breastform I hear. My hubby used medelas.
Join me making money doing the following: shopkick, Swagbucks, fronto unlock screen , Perk and Perk unlock screen, receipthog,1Q, Free Eats, panel app, qmee, bzzagent, amazon-my habit, slidejoy unlock screen, smiley360, adme unlock screen, Rewardrack, Snap by Groupon, reviewsio, swaggable, checkpoints referral name: jmnhuisman, pinchme referral code: 54K7J, lootpalace, shopalong , drizzle sms - clock, yerdie
abunchoflemons is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:29 AM   #8
Registered Users
Lasinoh makes a bottle called "momma" It has a rounded unique breast shape that comes with a slow flow nipple. You can purchase med flow or fast flow nipples if you choose. I just purchased one off Amazon for $4.50! After doing some research on what bottle would be best for breast fed babies this bottle had the best reviews. So I decided to give it a try. My son is not due yet but I really want my hubby and children to be able to participate in feeding him as well. I breast fed our daughter till she was almost two and I basically just gave her my breast exclusively. And when I did decide to give her a bottle I would use the playtex drop ins. They seemed to work best for her at the time. But the drop ins could get a little pricy and I didn't like that. I hope this new bottle I purchased will work out for our son. I only purchased one just in case it's a fail. But I do intend on having him take my breast as much as possible!
blessedtxmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 03:48 AM   #9
Registered Users
I've had two babies who do not like bottles and I've purchased every bottle and contraption under the sun. Hands down are the MAM bottles. They are reasonable on amazon. Love love love.
Marie - Living my dreams! Mama to a bright and busy big girl, a sweet little toddler girl and expecting a surprise in November! If I'm not with my daughters, then I'm or doing or spending time with the husband or... what else? here on DS!
omahonycm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:08 AM   #10
Registered Users
Re: what is best for feeding expressed milk?

Breastflow might work for you. The baby controls the flow just like at the breast. They are sometimes hard to come by. Check babies r us, walmart and target.
Noah 7/9/08 Bailey 4/22/11 Jacob 3/15/13
cuddlebunny_24 is offline   Reply With Quote