Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-21-2013, 02:19 PM   #1
xtin
Registered Users
seller

Most insurance companies are covering BREASTPUMPS!

Yup, you read that right! Under the Affordable Healthcare Act, health insurance companies will now pay for a breastpump!! I am thrilled about this!
my health insurance (United Healthcare) is now covering double electric breast pumps for NO COPAY and NO DEDUCTIBLE and I am told by the medical equipment company that most insurance companies are now mandated to do the same.

I qualify for either a brand new Medela Pump in Style or an Ameda Purely Yours and it is mine to keep. Plus, I am able to get a new pump shipped to my house every 12 months again with no money out of pocket!!! All I do is fill out an email form, call them when my baby is born next week (eeeeeeek!) and they ship it overnight mail to my home for FREE.

AMAZING NEWS!!! please call your health insurance company and ask about this. I was referred to Byram Healthcare and this falls under "durable medical equipment" in my plan, but it's definitely worth a shot to see if you qualify

Good luck, ladies!!
Old 03-21-2013, 10:20 PM   #2
kkleinman
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtin View Post
Yup, you read that right! Under the Affordable Healthcare Act, health insurance companies will now pay for a breastpump!! I am thrilled about this!
my health insurance (United Healthcare) is now covering double electric breast pumps for NO COPAY and NO DEDUCTIBLE and I am told by the medical equipment company that most insurance companies are now mandated to do the same.

I qualify for either a brand new Medela Pump in Style or an Ameda Purely Yours and it is mine to keep. Plus, I am able to get a new pump shipped to my house every 12 months again with no money out of pocket!!! All I do is fill out an email form, call them when my baby is born next week (eeeeeeek!) and they ship it overnight mail to my home for FREE.

AMAZING NEWS!!! please call your health insurance company and ask about this. I was referred to Byram Healthcare and this falls under "durable medical equipment" in my plan, but it's definitely worth a shot to see if you qualify

Good luck, ladies!!
I have united healthcare too and I hope I qualify for one! This is really exciting!
Old 03-21-2013, 10:30 PM   #3
Dory
Registered Users
Formerly: Thing1 & Thing2
seller
seller

We have United Healthcare Student Resources. I wonder if they would cover? My son is 13 months now, though, so I don't know if they'd still cover. Probably not.
Old 03-22-2013, 07:39 AM   #4
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:
Re: Most insurance companies are covering BREASTPUMPS!

It is great they are finally covering breastpumps. It is about time. I wonder if you have to be a working mom or student to qualify.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:26 PM   #5
xtin
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_Kimmie_l View Post
It is great they are finally covering breastpumps. It is about time. I wonder if you have to be a working mom or student to qualify.
Nope, I am neither of those!
worth calling to check out at least!!! I am thrilled breastfeeding is becoming more supported
Old 03-22-2013, 12:32 PM   #6
EmmaGM
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_Kimmie_l View Post
I HATE this rule! I had massive oversupply but didn't qualify for a pump because I sah. Uhhhh there are a lot more reasons to pump than just a lack of access to your baby.
Old 03-22-2013, 12:47 PM   #7
xtin
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaGM View Post
I HATE this rule! I had massive oversupply but didn't qualify for a pump because I sah. Uhhhh there are a lot more reasons to pump than just a lack of access to your baby.
where do you see this rule? I am a SAHM and they didn't ask me any questions about my income, my job or my student status.
Old 03-22-2013, 01:15 PM   #8
keonli
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaGM View Post
I work. I didn't qualify. My insurance says it will only supply a rental of a pump for the first 2 months. That's it. But my plan renews in a few days so I can call again and check. I have Tufts.
keonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 09:31 AM   #9
MamaLump
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by keonli

I work. I didn't qualify. My insurance says it will only supply a rental of a pump for the first 2 months. That's it. But my plan renews in a few days so I can call again and check. I have Tufts.
Absolutely call back. The law goes into affect the date that your insurance renews post August 2012. So, when you called they were not subject to the provisions if the law, but will be when it is renewed.
MamaLump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:56 PM   #10
EmmaGM
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtin View Post

where do you see this rule? I am a SAHM and they didn't ask me any questions about my income, my job or my student status.
sorry, I was referring to issues I've encountered in the past, not with this change. I'm hoping no one applies that rule now.