Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-22-2013, 01:39 PM   #1
MamaBearof4
Registered Users

Calgon

For those who use Calgon when washing diapers, how often do you use it - every wash, every few washes? I have a FL and am not sure the best way to add it to the wash. I use powder detergent so I remove the detergent cup. Should I put it in the bleach cup? Thanks so much!!
MamaBearof4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 02:08 PM   #2
kirst
Registered Users
seller

Re: Calgon

I use it every month. I can feel my prefolds and inserts getting crunchy with hard water deposits after a few months of not using it, even drying in the dryer.

I add it with my detergent in the detergent cup.
kirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 03:24 PM   #3
JennyJack
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBearof4
For those who use Calgon when washing diapers, how often do you use it - every wash, every few washes? I have a FL and am not sure the best way to add it to the wash. I use powder detergent so I remove the detergent cup. Should I put it in the bleach cup? Thanks so much!!
I use it about once a month. I have a top load HE, so I wait until it has filled with water and then I stop the machine and add the calgon.
JennyJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 03:57 PM   #4
KdEMomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

I use it each rinse cycle but only about a quarter of the amount required in instructions and I put in it with the bac-out to help the enzyme cleaner work more effectively. I do a short rinse cycle and then a wash cycle.
Old 03-23-2013, 01:36 AM   #5
MamaBearof4
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by KdEMomma
I use it each rinse cycle but only about a quarter of the amount required in instructions and I put in it with the bac-out to help the enzyme cleaner work more effectively. I do a short rinse cycle and then a wash cycle.
Just curious about bac-out - what is the purpose for using it with every wash? Does it help with hard water build up? Do you still use the same amount of detergent?
Old 03-25-2013, 03:23 PM   #6
HappiMom
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBearof4

Just curious about bac-out - what is the purpose for using it with every wash? Does it help with hard water build up? Do you still use the same amount of detergent?
BacOut is an antibacterial/ stain-lifter. Its basically natural enzymes - I think the main ingredient is lime extract. I spray it on every poopy dipe before it goes in the pail and also add it to the wash. I also use it around the house to disinfect the bathroom, diaper pail, carpet stains, etc. LOL it's pretty versatile.
Old 03-25-2013, 09:10 PM   #7
kassarowl
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappiMom View Post
BacOut is an antibacterial/ stain-lifter. Its basically natural enzymes - I think the main ingredient is lime extract. I spray it on every poopy dipe before it goes in the pail and also add it to the wash. I also use it around the house to disinfect the bathroom, diaper pail, carpet stains, etc. LOL it's pretty versatile.
Do you dilute it before you spray on poopy dipes, or just use it full strength?
kassarowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 04:56 PM   #8
robeccajr
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I use it every wash too. About 1/4 to 1/2 the rec amountin the cold prewash with detergent.
Old 03-24-2013, 11:37 AM   #9
jgolas
Registered Users
seller

I use Calgon powder sand addit at the same time as my detergent. I don't need anywhere close to the Rec'd amount. We have moderately hard water so 1T RnG HR + 1T Calgon powder does the trick for us.

I buy it from Amazon.
jgolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 03:10 PM   #10
MamaBearof4
Registered Users

Thanks everyone!