Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-22-2013, 08:31 PM   #1
Mara'sMommy
Registered Users
seller

Super Nanny

What do you all think of her tequniques? Thoughts??
Mara'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:55 PM   #2
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Her one approach on getting kid to sleep alone worked for my oldest. You start by crib & each night move away til you are out the door. I was in college & it helped so much to be able to put her down & not have to be by as I would fall asleep & not get my things done.

I liked her punish & hug. Would like ideas on older kids with like stealing & lying issues not just toddler age.

Other than that I haven't watched it recently.
Old 03-22-2013, 09:32 PM   #3
Mara'sMommy
Registered Users
seller

I was just watching it for the first time. I do time out with my 2 yr old like she does. It works sometimes. There was actually a child who was stealing but she was younger and didn't really understand the concept because her parents weren't showing her. Super nanny had her play shops and show her we have to pay etc etc
Mara'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:36 PM   #4
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Yea mine is older so that doesn't work. Hard to get picture to not do when store manager is trying really hard not to laugh when h3e gets after you. Pastor said to corner til kid urinates in pants...I don't like that idea.
Old 03-22-2013, 09:52 PM   #5
Erinne
Registered Users

Re: Super Nanny

Quote:
Originally Posted by abunchoflemons View Post
Yea mine is older so that doesn't work. Hard to get picture to not do when store manager is trying really hard not to laugh when h3e gets after you. Pastor said to corner til kid urinates in pants...I don't like that idea.
your pastor said WHAT?!
Old 03-23-2013, 08:29 PM   #6
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by abunchoflemons View Post
I hope he doesn't have kids of his own. I use corner or time out, but not to that degree. Only 1 minute per year of age.

I like a lot of the ideas Super Nanny and Nanny 911 have. I just don't like their opinion on co sleeping nor their idea that a 2-3 year old isn't a baby. I know many disagree with me but to me a 2-3 year old is a baby
Old 03-22-2013, 09:37 PM   #7
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

I like how she's

1) consistent.
2) tries to figure out the root of why the child does things. As opposed to just disciplining them for it.
3) encourages people to talk to their children like real people.
Old 03-22-2013, 09:49 PM   #8
Holly dolly
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange
I like how she's

1) consistent.
2) tries to figure out the root of why the child does things. As opposed to just disciplining them for it.
3) encourages people to talk to their children like real people.
This. We use several of her techniques...

Wife to Casey Mom to Isaac and Carson Hoping for someone new in 2014
Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.
Holly dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:40 PM   #9
cbreeding
Registered Users

The one thing I have noticed is that often the parents are not on the same page which creates a lot of conflict in the home. Getting the parents on the same page and supporting each other - basically having a united front - seems to make a lot of headway on getting the kids in the right direction.
cbreeding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:49 PM   #10
Palooka
Registered Users
Formerly: jenn.***
seller

My Mood:

I don't remember what show this was, super nanny or nanny 911, but the one episode I watched the nanny spent a lot of time getting the mom to have fun with her kids. The mom was always stressed and angry, so the nanny forced her to be silly with the kids and engage them rather than boss them around. I thought that was pretty great.
Palooka is offline   Reply With Quote