Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-20-2013, 07:52 PM   #1
marenmccoy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Big sibling book for single parent family?

A friend of mine is expecting a baby and I'd like to get a book for her 4 year old son about being a big brother, however all the books I have found show a 2 parent household and I'd like to avoid this since she is a single parent, and the children have 2 different fathers.

Does anyone know of a good book that either only shows the mother, or only deals with the relationship between the child and the baby?
marenmccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 10:14 PM   #2
bigfunbums
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I remember nobody asked me if I wanted a baby sister and when the new baby comes I'm moving out, both books address negative emotions associated with a new baby. I ended up getting babies don't eat pizza for the older brother of my single mom friend
Old 04-21-2013, 03:06 AM   #3
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
The little critter new baby is good. It has both parents, but it's mostly about what a big brother can do with a new baby - cuddle, let her hold his finger, etc. The parents are sorta on the periphery. Like it says 'dad says we have a new baby and she's coming home today', but then dad sorts disappears.

Little critter has another one about 2 brothers and all the fun they can have when the baby gets older, but I haven't read it so I don't know how involved the parents are.

Good thing about the critter books is they're like $3 on amazon, so not overly expensive if you decide you don't like them. DD really liked the 'new baby' one.