Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 07-23-2010, 04:09 PM   #1
Registered Users
how long will it take to come out?

my DS decided to eat a rubber matchbox style tire today. Not sure WHY he did it. I saw him put it in his mouth, went for it and before I could say "spit it out" he said "mmmm that is delicious" Anyone know how long it should take to pass out the other end? This is my first time dealing with a toddler that swallowed something that shouldn't be eaten. Should I feed him things that I know will make him poop? When should I start to worry if I don't see it?

mama to 2 wonderful kids
Danielle0407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 04:45 PM   #2
Maverick's Mama
Registered Users
Re: how long will it take to come out?

I wouldn't worry for about a week. My son swallowed a "penny" a few months back and I mentioned it to the dr the next day since we had an appointment anyway and they did x-rays, then the radiologist called and wanted more x-rays (on a saturday!) which worried me like crazy...and then as soon as we got home from the second x-rays he pooped out the "penny"...which was actually a dime. In our case telling the dr just stressed me out more about it so I would wait.

As far as how long it takes, it depends on his digestive system. Could be a couple days, could be a week.

Kelsey!! Mama to Maverick born 04/05/09, a cloth diapering, but otherwise not THAT green kind of mommy [url][url]
Maverick's Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 05:18 PM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: how long will it take to come out?

My 19 month old dd has swallowed many things. It only takes her a day or so to pass it... I have found plastic beads from the other girls necklace she broke, even little tiny princess stampers(in her diaper). The first time it happend I freaked out and took her to the ER... Spend 4 hours there for nothing! I dont even worry about it anymore...
Emily, Wife to David. Mother to Charity, Kaylee, Katy and our angel baby's!
emy_lou is offline   Reply With Quote