Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-25-2010, 07:43 AM   #1
Bekki
Registered Users
seller
seller

Question About Possible Bug Bite?

OK, I'm probably going to sound totally paranoid, but I'm 30 weeks pregnant, so I think I'm allowed.

I noticed several days ago that DD had one small red mark on her left leg, and another smaller red mark on her right leg. They looked kind of like bug bites, so I didn't think too much of it.

This morning, I noticed that the big bug bite now has kind of a raised edge and a raised center - it looks like a target shape, kind of. I remember reading something well over a year ago about a target-shaped lesion (applying to a rash) being significant in some way, but I don't remember... and I can't find anything about it again.

Of course, when I google it, all I come up with is a black widow bite. I doubt it's that (although, I did kill a gigantic spider last week that was hanging out on the side of her crib).

Anyway, the other bumps (just found one on her arm) still look like regular bumps - just a little red, raised area. It doesn't look quite the same as a mosquito bite, but it does look like some kind of bite.

Any ideas? Am I getting concerned over nothing? If it matters, she's had diarrhea for the 8 days or so. We took her to the pedi on Friday and she was fine - dx'ed as just toddler's diarrhea.

Here are some pics:

Advertisement

Last edited by Bekki; 07-25-2010 at 10:31 AM.
Bekki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 08:45 AM   #2
reagansmom05
Registered Users
seller

Re: Question About Possible Bug Bite?

ticks with lyme disease do the target shape, id go to urgent care today.
Anna, sahm to THREE boys [Reagan 4/25/05 & Hunter 7/17/07 & Logan 12/22/09 ] & one lost bean 2/15/09, Air Force Wife & SAHM. i love free gift cards from SWAGBUCKS!! EBATES and CloudCrowd and CASHBAQis where I earn paypal!! easy paid emails!!
reagansmom05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 10:27 AM   #3
Bekki
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Question About Possible Bug Bite?

Thanks, I was looking at lyme disease, but I don't think that's it. I've looked at hundreds of pics of the lyme disease target shape, and it's MUCH bigger than what DD has. The raised area is the target shape, but the whole thing is red.

Now the small bite on her ankle has developed into a target shape. I also noticed another bite on her arm, but it's still a solid red bump.

Regardless, we will take her to the pedi first thing tomorrow morning.