Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 09-01-2010, 12:43 PM   #11
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: What to do with peaches?

I love winging a peach cobbler recipe. I usually use oatmeal, brown sugar, honey and almond milk.

JennTheMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 07:42 PM   #12
Registered Users
My Mood:

we made a spicy peach glazed porkchop recipe the other night, it was amazing! and then had peach crisp for dessert
Rosina, mommy to L (02-08-07) A (17-02-09) & A (05-06-12) the lights of my life, married to B my superhero!
lemurkinsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 12:04 AM   #13
Registered Users

In my opinion the BEST way to use great peaches is to make a pie crust (easy as =) PIE!) in a food processor. Roll it out into a circle pretty thin. Slice the peaches up, lay them onto your pie crust. Fold the edges over and sprinkle brown sugar onto the peaches and edges of your crust. Voila!! The BEST tart you will EVER eat!!...
It is fail proof. You can even use Pillsbury pie crust and its good. I've done it with nectarines or added honey or jam... buttered the edges of the crust etc etc. It is totally fail proof. I make it for company ALL the time and people Oh and Ah over it every single time. I just giggle to myself!.. I bake it at 425*F for about 25-30ish minutes.. Just until it is brown and bubbling.

Here's a good example of how it's supposed to look

I don't make it that confusing though... Just the fruit, pie crust and sugar is all you need!
Happy to be mama to my sweet little home birthed, breastfed, extended rear facing, co-sleeping, cloth diapered, snuggled and loved baby girl Havana Desai 5-18-09
Blessed to be mama to my little Angel Teya Mackenzie born into heaven on 3-27-08

Last edited by looking8186; 09-02-2010 at 12:13 AM.
looking8186 is offline   Reply With Quote