Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 09-05-2010, 09:11 PM   #1
Help a mama keep her sanity

I am going to scream. I've had to clench my teeth many times. When DS goes down for a nap or to bed, he gets up every two minutes. We let him sleep on the couch or our bed. He screams and cries forever in his bed (new thing) so we let him pick where he wants. He gets up to move from the couch to the bed (never the other way around) then to go potty. And maybe once out of the 100000 times he gets up to go potty, he goes. We are kinda PLing and I don't want to tell him no.

But I am a SAHM. For health reasons, I can't drive. I cook, clean and play with him all day. Especially by night time, I am ready for him to go to bed! I NEED me time. ARGH!

Dh keeps offering all these "helpful" suggestions. He's off the next two days and I told him naps AND bed time are his. He asked why he has to do both...Ummm...Because I have to every day and we agreed we'd each take either nap or bed time every day depending on his schedule because of how difficult it is to get DS down. That lasted 3 days....

Last edited by Angel89411; 09-05-2010 at 09:12 PM. Reason: because my mind is gone...
Angel89411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 09:19 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Help a mama keep her sanity

Megan, Other half to D,mommy toD J
mommieofpees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 10:39 PM   #3
Registered Users
Location: Where you can see the coasters over the trees, Florida
My Mood:
Re: Help a mama keep her sanity

I don't understand why kids fight naps so badly, I wish we could explain to them as teenagers they will covet those naps like there's no tomorrow! Rest assured you're not the only one, we STRUGGLE with naps here too.
Kristie, wifey to Steve
CDing, BFing, BWing, Non-Vaxing Mama to Bryce 01/23/2010 and another in Late November!

0****5****10********20****25****30****35** **40

NewYearsBaby is offline   Reply With Quote