Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-13-2011, 10:05 AM   #1
milosmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
How do I copy and paste quotes with usernames atattched?

I can't seem to do this.....if I copy and paste someones quote from a different post to try and put it in mine, it doesn't have the "originally posted by...." and isn't highlighted with that colored box.

Maybe I should know how to do this, but I just can't seem to figure it out. I want to give credit when I pull something from someones post, but can't do it......ugh!
Thanks for any help!

Advertisement

milosmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 11:28 AM   #2
~happy2Bamommy~
Four things come not back: The spoken word; the sped arrow; the past life; and the neglected opportunity.
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: How do I copy and paste quotes with usernames atattched?

Are you taking it to a different thread or posting later within that same thread?

~happy2Bamommy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 07:07 PM   #3
milosmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Posting later within that same thread. I see many mamas reference a pp to comment on what they said and they have the quote highlighted within a blue box and with the reference "originally posted by....". I can't seem to do it.....
milosmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 07:52 PM   #4
lovewool
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hit the "quote" button that is across from the "post reply" button on the left hand side, it needs to be within same post that you want to quote (there is a quote button for each post that is put up)

It will bring up the original post, in a reply window. then if you only want to quote some of the message, use backspace or highlight text to delete what you don't want to quote. Make sure you leave the
[ quote ] [ /quote ] that surrounds their message and user name info when you delete part of what you're quoting or it won't work right.

And then when you reply to the quote make sure what you're writing is not within the [ quote ] [ /quote ] or it will end up being part of the person's statement you were trying to quote.

I hope this wasn't too confusing!
Old 02-14-2011, 07:09 AM   #5
~happy2Bamommy~
Four things come not back: The spoken word; the sped arrow; the past life; and the neglected opportunity.
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

You can also quote a post to a different thread by hitting quote in the orig,go to the new thread, hit reply and then you will see "You have selected 1 quote that is not a part of this thread.Do you wish to apply it?" (or something like that lol!) Hit the box to highlight that you do, then it will pop up.

~happy2Bamommy~ is offline   Reply With Quote