Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-24-2006, 07:59 PM   #1
absoluteprncss
Registered Users
seller

PF's question

Is there a difference in pf's as long as they are DSQ? I've been thinking that I will use pf's and covers for our new little guy in Oct. but I don't know if there is a best place to get them or a difference in the quality?

Advertisement

absoluteprncss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 01:44 PM   #2
mamagina
Registered Users
seller

Re: PF's question

Well....All the DSQ's will pretty much get the job done. Some are softer than others, some quilty up better than others.

What you'll want to look at is the size and the thickness first - alot of diaper services use 4x6x4 diapers, so not as thick and absorbant as the 4x8x4 thickness.

The biggest differences you'll hear are Indian vs Chinese prefolds. This really only distinguishes where they are made, althugh most diapers sold int he us as indian diapers are infact made in Packistan. Indian prefolds are generally softer to start with, I've found after 2 years of use they aren't any softer than my chinese ones. They are shorter, and somewhat thicker, though. Chinese are generally alittle more durable and not quite as thick (though they are the same 4x8x4 ply) I find them very soft as well. They aren't as short as the indian ones. I find them equally absorbant.
Old 06-25-2006, 06:03 PM   #3
absoluteprncss
Registered Users
seller

Re: PF's question

Thanks for the help!
absoluteprncss is offline   Reply With Quote