Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-25-2006, 04:38 PM   #1
ajfowle
Registered Users
seller

diaper rash...wool and fitteds OVERNIGHT??

So, bad momma (that's me) missed a poop when we were out shopping this afternoon, so dd has a bad diaper rash right now. I'll keep her in fitteds with wool or just fitteds for the next couple of hours, but I'm wondering what to do tonight. She usually sleeps in a double-stuffed (one LL hemp and one MOE microterry inserts) Fuzzi Bunz. I like that she doesn't *feel* wet in that. For tonight, I'm wondering if I should put her in wool longies and a fitted. Will she be uncomfortable since she's not used to feeling wet overnight? Should I change her during the night? I have some regular fleece here. Could I cut that up and put it in the fitted to keep her feeling dry?

Sorry for so many questions...I'm just always hesitant to try something new at night.

Of course, I'm hoping the rash is gone by bedtime, but that might just be wishful thinking.

Advertisement

Old 06-25-2006, 06:01 PM   #2
Voltige
Registered Users
seller

Re: diaper rash...wool and fitteds OVERNIGHT??

Try letting her have naked time until bed. Air on the bum always works wonders!

I always use fitteds and wool overnight. Diaper on a 7pm, off at 6am. No changes. If you use a lot of cotton, she should not feel too wet. I have also used hemparoo inserts inside my cotton fitteds for more absorbancy. You can try that, if you think you need it.

Hope she feels better soon!
Voltige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 06:14 PM   #3
ajfowle
Registered Users
seller

Thanks! I'm about to nurse her down now. DH is reading a book and saying prayers with her right now. I put her in a motherease fitted with one LL hemp insert inside as a doubler and wool longies. She was naked for about an hour or so before bath, and I defrosted some BM from the freezer and put it on her bottom a few times while she was playing naked. She is just so miserable, crying when we touch her bottom or she falls on her bottom. I gave her tylenol.
Old 06-25-2006, 08:37 PM   #4
Zany Zebra Mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Poor baby! I hope she heals up overnight.

Zany Zebra Designs ~ Diapers as beautifully unique as your child.

~ It's happy, it's crazy, it's my life ~ My Happy Crazy Life
~Amy Sue, Mama to &
Zany Zebra Mama is offline   Reply With Quote