Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 05-25-2011, 09:31 AM   #1
Registered Users
Hospital Clothes

I couldn't believe how "puffy" I was after delivery. I had a c-section and was on a fluid IV for 2 days afterwards. When it was time to go home I could barely fit into my 9 month pregnancy clothes! Note to others, pack something very stretchy to go home in. I could hardly fasten my pants

Much better now. Back to pre-pregnancy weight 4 1/2 months after delivery.

lisacolotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 10:11 AM   #2
Registered Users
Re: Hospital Clothes

I had the same issue after my 1st was born. She was an induction and IMO they left the iv in me way longer than necessary after the birth. I was so swollen I couldn't even wear my slippers to leave the hospital, I had to go barefoot. I had 0 swelling after my 2nd, where I labored for the entire time with no iv and they removed the iv within hours after birth once they finished the blood transfusion. This time I'm dreading the swelling since I knwo it will be another induction or a section
Awesome Heartsy Deals today! Get $5 credit for signing up and take advantage. Soaps, cookies and baby hats are all feature deals today!
Greenbabybottoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 12:53 PM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Hospital Clothes

I wore pajamas home I didn't have an iv, though. My husband actually said the I looked pretty good the evening after my daughter was born.He was probably just saying that, though! Lol.
Sara- mommy to Claire (01/10) and Micah (3/12) and someone new (10/14)
Birth doula and life-long student of Everything! Need a doula in the central VA area? Let's talk!

Last edited by songbird516; 05-25-2011 at 12:57 PM.
songbird516 is offline   Reply With Quote