Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-04-2011, 09:54 AM   #1
uncertain
Registered Users
seller

Would someone humor me & post a HPT pic around 24 DPO?

Hi Mamas,

I've looked through the BFP gallery and didn't see what I'm looking for, soooo, does anyone have any pics they can post of HPTs taken 20+ DPO?

(I'm a frequent miscarrier - got all excited because my 20 DPO positive sucked almost all the color from the control line - in tests from two different boxes, from two different peeing sessions - but today (24DPO) my test and control lines are equally dark, so that's why I'm asking...)

Thanks so much!
(I used Answer early brand)

Advertisement

uncertain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 10:01 AM   #2
rainydaysunshine
Registered Users
seller

Re: Would someone humor me & post a HPT pic around 24 DPO?

I don't have a pic for you, but I just wanted to mention reactions can vary from test to test, even of the same brand. It can depend on how much you've had to drink, too (dilution). Good luck to you, mama!

Little girl, Seren Elise, born at home 11/18! Birth Story
rainydaysunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 12:15 PM   #3
TwinKristi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yeah, I agree. Once you get to a certain point it's just super dark. 24 dpo is aprox 10 days late. It's gonna be super dark but probably won't get any darker and could actually get lighter as time goes on as hcg peaks around 6wks I believe and those tests only have so much dye.

eta- I took a test when I was probably about where you are and it was super faint after having dark tests. I almost freaked out. I took another test later that day (same brand, same box) and it was totally super dark.

Last edited by TwinKristi; 06-04-2011 at 12:17 PM.
TwinKristi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 12:26 PM   #4
uncertain
Registered Users
seller

Thanks so much for the replies.
So, I've spent about 4 hours on this so far this morning...argh!!
I took two more tests - one diluted 1:1 with water, and another diluted 2:1 with water (I read somewhere that as hcg level increases, sometimes diluting urine makes the test look darker). I don't know, I'm going crazy, those two new tests looked the same as this morning's test (test line about the same as the control line). I know that there is nothing I can do about this at this point except wait, but ARGH!! I have ZERO symptoms, so I guess that's part of the problem too...
uncertain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 03:09 PM   #5
mmmarmalade
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Have you had zero symptoms SO FAR or have you had symptoms and they've gone away? I'd be more worried if you'd had symptoms and they'd gone away. You're just going to drive yourself crazy testing, so stop Unless you have something to MAKE you worry... (lessening of symptoms, cramps AND bleeding etc) you're just going to stress yourself out, and in the beginning of a pregnancy, it's best to keep the stress to a minimum. I've had tests from the same box, in the SAME URINE come out different colors. They can vary a lot, so you shouldn't put your faith in how dark or light a test is.

relax mama, I think you're fine

Marmalade Baby
mmmarmalade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 03:43 PM   #6
malaynasmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I took about a million pg tests this time and the lines were not always as dark or got darker etc. I think each test will vary a little.

Just took this test right now. I'm 14 weeks 6 days
Old 06-04-2011, 04:19 PM   #7
ho11yb
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by uncertain View Post
Hi Mamas,

I've looked through the BFP gallery and didn't see what I'm looking for, soooo, does anyone have any pics they can post of HPTs taken 20+ DPO?

(I'm a frequent miscarrier - got all excited because my 20 DPO positive sucked almost all the color from the control line - in tests from two different boxes, from two different peeing sessions - but today (24DPO) my test and control lines are equally dark, so that's why I'm asking...)

Thanks so much!
(I used Answer early brand)
I don't have a pic on my iPad, but wanted to say do NOT read too much I to the lines. I've had 3 miscarriages, and this pg, I was obsessed and using hpts every day. I started freaking out because the frer and answer tests I was using were not getting dark. With my son, at the same point, nearly all the dye was captured by the test line and I only had a faint control line. These tests were nowhere close to that. I had my beta done certain id find out I was mc'ing again. Instead, my beta had more than doubled and was actually over 3,000 despite my relatively faint hpt lines. Hopefully you will have a similar experience.

Blame the typos on the iPad!
ho11yb is offline   Reply With Quote