Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-30-2011, 01:09 PM   #1
MamaWillow
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Feeling discouraged, need a little encouragement

I know I'm just being whiny but I need to get it out. I'm 39w5d with DD2. I'm trying so hard to have this be a completely natural process but it's killing me! With DD1 I was induced due to pre-e, then with DS I was given pit after two days of random contrax that stopped at night. Long story, but I probably didn't *need* the pit. Basically I have never gone into labor on my own, and done it all myself. DS was med-free, aside from the pit, so it's not the pain I am worried about, it's just me doubting that I can get into a good labor pattern and go into labor on my own.

I've been having contrax for weeks, they have been getting increasingly stronger and more frequent, but there are days when I have very few. Yesterday I was SURE I was in labor, I had contrax 4-5 minutes apart, pretty strong, enough to make me breath a little through them, for three hours. Then they started getting further and further apart, and eventually stopped. Disappointing to say the least.

I know I'm not even 40w yet, so why am I complaining? It's just that with all these contrax, and especially after yesterday, I wonder if it's ever really going to happen. I keep worrying that the baby is posterior, and that's why it's slow to start. I don't think she is, but sometimes it feels that way with where the kicks are.

I'm just feeling bummed out, bored, excited, and disappointed that yesterday amounted to nothing. I want to let this happen naturally but sometimes I doubt that it will!

Advertisement

Rachel, SAHM to a 9yo teenager , a 4yo charmer , and a toddling koala bear , and wife to my hard-working hubs. Mostly AP, co-sleeping (with all 3!), BFing, quite crunchy, thrifty, curly-haired mama. Loving my life.
MamaWillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 03:02 PM   #2
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Feeling discouraged, need a little encouragement

It will happen! Try to relax as much as possible. Keep in mind that your baby is happy and doesn't understand everything that you are going through!
Old 05-30-2011, 03:08 PM   #3
jacksonsmom25
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

oh mama! I feel your pain!! I am 40wks tomorrow and have had the same thing, contractions (some I have had to breath through also thinking this is it!) but nothing close enough to call the midwife! I think I am just getting frustrated because everyone keeps calling and asking if I've had the baby yet and the midwife assured me I was going to go early but I feel I won't have this baby until next week anyways but now I am getting worried because everyone is jinxing me by all their talk! I am in no hurry to have this baby when baby is ready baby will come has been my saying the whole time. I am enjoying my time with my 2yr old until his world is turned upside down by all this and I still have things to get done around the house so again no hurry! I guess I just feel the pressure now, that's all!

We are a breastfeeding , part-time co-sleeping , baby wearing,
cloth diapering, trying to be 100 mile organic eating, loving family
jacksonsmom25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 04:35 PM   #4
vittoriosmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I understand what you are going through. At 40 weeks your family is proably calling you and asking "Any baby yet" and you fee llike you want to scream at them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You are hormonal, uncomfortable and feel anxcious to meet your baby!
And you are not being whiny...you are entitled to be a little cranky to say the least...
I went into labor many times last pregnancy. I even ended up in L&D 2 weeks before my son was actually born- with 1cm dialated cervix. I never progressed past that point and was sent home. Then I tried many things to try to induce labor. I was eating pineapple like there's no tomorrow and took warm baths. Then one day (2 weeks later) I was shopping with hubby at home depot- we were there for hours standing and walking and picking out stuff for our new house. I had to go to the restroom and noticed a little blood on my pantyliner. Didn't think anything of it because I went throught the fake labor before and kept walking... Then we went out for dinner together and I wasn't having any contractions at all... We went home, I went to sleep to wake up at 7 am with some contractions. DH started calling everybody and telling them I was in labor! I wanted to yell at him because I still didn't believe that was it. Well sure enough they started getting closer together and I remembered what my doula said- take a WAAAAARM shower as soon as they are regular. Wow! That shower made them 4 minutes apart. I called my doctors office and was told to go to the hospital- I was 4 cm dilated in 3 hours. After arriving at the hospital the doc broke my water and my son was born at 6:18 PM only 6 hours later.
I understand your frustration...Hang in there! This is a natural process that will start when the baby is ready!

How about go to the mall to take your mind off of it...You know the saying that "a watched pot never boils"
Old 05-30-2011, 04:47 PM   #5
yellowitchgrl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

It will happen!

Also if there is something you need to get done that hasn't gotten done yet, get it done asap.
Sarah. Christian. Married to Jonathan. Proud Mama of 6 boys! Andrew (10), Luke(7) and James (2). My babies born into heaven : Zach, Toby and Simon WAHM behind Sarah's Stitches HyenaCart and Etsy, 10% off with the code: DSE10 Facebook Wetbags, Snack Sacks, Fleece Soakers, Dresses, Naked Time Mats, Dresses, Wipes, Affordable Weighted Blankets and more! Check out my novels!! Ask for other places to buy.
yellowitchgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 04:59 PM   #6
Stefibeth
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

It's so hard when you're nearing the end! Especially when you're feeling things happening and you get your hopes up that this may be "it"! But like others have said, it will happen!

I'm sure all of these pre-labor contractions are doing SOMETHING. Even if you aren't having much cervical change it's getting your body ready. I'm SURE it will be any time now!

And, as I'm sure you already know, you can go from looking like labor will never happen to having a baby in just a few hours! You could go into labor tonight for all we know It will happen!
Old 05-31-2011, 09:37 AM   #7
klevmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

Hang in there, mama! This is totally normal, especially for subsequent pregnancies. One of these times, the ctx will stick around :-)
Old 05-31-2011, 09:40 AM   #8
THBVsMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You're so close. Try not to stress. I'm sure you'll go into labor on your own soon.

expecting our 2nd baby
girl next March

THBVsMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 01:34 PM   #9
mariamommy
Registered Users
seller

oh I totally know how you feel! I didn't start labor til 43 weeks I know the dragging on feeling...its awful. (((hugs))) Sorry, I bet my situation didn't exactly help but know that I understand and I know its hard. Soon! Soon! It'll happen soon!
Old 06-06-2011, 12:03 PM   #10
jacksonsmom25
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hey mama,

Just checked your other thead and congrats on having your baby!! I am so excited for you! I am still playing the waiting game, but that's ok! As for your friends that want to visit I would just be open and honest with them and tell them how you really feel! They'll understand especially your friends that have children already!

We are a breastfeeding , part-time co-sleeping , baby wearing,
cloth diapering, trying to be 100 mile organic eating, loving family
jacksonsmom25 is offline   Reply With Quote