Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-08-2011, 06:56 PM   #1
GC's Mama
Registered Users

My Mood:
Varicose veins *ahem* down there (may be TMI for you)?

Okay, so my 1st pregnancy, I found a tiny bump on my labia some time in the 3rd trimester. Turns out it was a varicise vein, no big deal, super tiny, midwives said not to worry.

2nd pregnancy, that area started feeling tender, and out popped a (slightly bigger than the last time) little one at 10 weeks. Didn't bug me all that much, both times it went away right after delivery.

Fast forward to this pregnancy: I tried working out sooner, not spending a lot of time just standing on my feet, have been doing a lot of moderate exercise, laying on my left side. I managed to stave it off until 12 weeks, and this time it looks huge! Like a tiny cluster of peas or something. It doesn't hurt much, but I'm super self conscious about it (God bless DH for pretending not to see it when we DTD). I'm also kind of afraid to even let myself have an org*** when we "do it" because if I do, that lip swells up and skeeves me out.

My midwives say they're really common and that a lot of women get them and don't even know it b/c they never look in that area. But I just wonder....

Has this been a problem for anyone? And if it has, and you have more than one kid, has it been worse in subsequent pregnancies? Need some reassurance over here.

Advertisement

Old 06-08-2011, 07:03 PM   #2
jackyl08
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Varicose veins *ahem* down there (may be TMI for you)?

Me! It hurts so, so, so bad! Like throbbing pain. I have just dealt with it by sitting on a heating pad, staying off my feet and when it gets really bad, taking some Tylenol. It's awful, but hopefully it will go away with delivery.
Old 06-08-2011, 07:07 PM   #3
janabell
Registered Users
seller

OMG! I almost freaked when I saw mine down there. I have no idea when it popped up but its exactly as you described a cluster of peas. It doesnt hurt but its freaky! I hope it goes away! Just know you are not alone!

Advocacy Tees for kids and adults!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/StickyTs
Use code summer10 for 10% off
janabell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 07:16 PM   #4
ltlmrs
Registered Users
seller

Homeopathic remedy Hamamelis Virginiana (http://www.luckyvitamin.com/1/1/3715...0-pellets.html).

Take every two hours until symptoms start to lessen. It may worsen before getting better, but after a few days you should definitely start having less swelling. If symptoms come back, start taking it again.

Note: this might not make them disappear entirely, but it will help a great deal.

PM me for more info if you like.
ltlmrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 08:05 PM   #5
mel281
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I didn't notice any problems with my first PG, but I had a lot in my second. I think it may have been the most disgusting thing I've ever seen. Mine were quite uncomfortable (throbbing) during the 2nd tri, but then seemed to get better, oddly enough. Still disgusting, but not painful. Thankfully it went away after delivery. But I totally understand your self consciousness. I kind of made DH look at it- it was like I wanted some justification for being grossed out at myself. He was sweet enough not to give me any of that justification- just sort of acted like it was no big deal. But yeah. Yuck.
mel281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 10:01 PM   #6
GC's Mama
Registered Users

My Mood:

Yeah, the other 2 times mine went away right after delivery, and I know this one will, too, but I wasn't prepared for how much bigger it got this time around. If we ever decide to go for #4, I'm afraid it'll look like I stuffed a bag of grapes inside my panties.
Old 06-09-2011, 07:12 AM   #7
5lilmnkys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You are lucky it doesn't cause you much pain! This is my 4th pregnancy, never had this issue before. I went in to the dr with severe pubic pain and swelling at 20ish weeks, and was diagnosed with vv...one side worse than the other, but both sides. As my pregnancy has progressed (3 weeks to go), the pain has gotten worse. I have just learned to live with it really. I worry too during sex, that something will go wrong....but I'm still alive! lol
I married Jon, my 2nd chance at true love, on 11-26-10, and am mama to 6 lil monkeys...4 by birth, 2 by marriage. Bryant Stone 13, Landon Nicholas 10, Paige Erica Nicole 8, Jorja Juness 5, Jillian Bella 3....and the baby boy that links us all together, Rowan Henry, born 6/30/11!
5lilmnkys is offline   Reply With Quote