Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-27-2011, 09:50 AM   #21
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: What do you consider "taking your prenatal vitamins"?

My MW said that if I choose to carry, she won't refer me to the RE until I've been on prenatals for at least a month (I think they figure that if you're willing to spend the money & do all the treatment, you should be doing everything possible to have a healthy birth & I'm okay w/ that).

That said...I read somewhere (a yr or two ago...) that the average American is only 70-75% compliant w/ his/her medications. So, you're "supposed" to take them daily, but I figure if you remember & keep them down 3 out of 4 days, you're doing pretty good.

Advertisement

Old 06-27-2011, 09:54 AM   #22
MinkaK
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

In a pill form? Only when I am in the mood for something chewy and sweet ( I have gummy ones), I eat a very good diet and I do not think it is healthy for me to be taking packaged vitamins if my food is already providing me with all my daily values. If I was having problems like low iron and I wasn't able to bring it up by food I would consider supplements but not until then.
Old 06-27-2011, 10:41 AM   #23
mimieliza
Registered Users

I take them while TTC, and then as long as I can during pregnancy without throwing up. I usually make it through the first 6-8 weeks. I switched to a chewable vitamin, but even that was rough going.

I think it is most important pre-conception and during the first tri. After that, as long as you're not anemic and get enough calcium, you're probably fine to take them sporadically or not at all.
mimieliza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 01:34 PM   #24
CountryChicMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

To answer the OP, I think everyday, give or take a day or two on occasion. I personally love the chewable prenatals put out by Vitafusion. Soooo goood. I havent' been pregnant for 15 months now, but I still take them.