Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-21-2011, 06:09 PM   #1
boekesec
Registered Users
Formerly E***n
seller

Any experience with cerclage/extended bedrest?

Hi ladies,
I am not pregnant (I wish!) but a good friend of mine is 21 weeks and just had a rescue cerclage put in because they saw funneling and thinning of the cervix at her regular 20 wk ultrasound. It was down to 0.6cm and they got it back up to 2.7cm with the cerclage, but now she is on crazy bedrest - can't even sit up in bed, can only go to the bathroom a couple of times a day, can only take one 5-minute shower a week, can only leave the house to go to the dr, etc. Anyway, she has an 18 month old little boy and she and her husband had to move in with the in-laws so that she and the little guy could be taken care of (and the in-laws sort of drive her crazy). I'm going to be helping her and her MIL out as much as I can with her little guy, but I know it's going to be a really rough few months ahead since in the best-case scenario she is on this bedrest for the next 20 weeks.

So here's my question: Those of you who have experience with extended bed rest, what did you like to do and what kinds of things really helped you pass the time? What are some things that you really would have loved to have someone else do for you or say to you during that time?

Just wondering how I can best help her...thanks, ladies!

Advertisement