Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-12-2011, 11:34 AM   #1
lagoon66
Registered Users
seller
seller

Feeling down just before DD

I am due in about 2 weeks and have felt really great for the last several months...very happy and positive. Now all of a sudden I have been feeling really down and somber. I know my hormones are changing all the time, but is this normal? Could it change?

Advertisement

lagoon66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 12:46 PM   #2
cheetah mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Feeling down just before DD

I got that way just before dd was born (about 3-4 weeks). I was pissed off all the time and getting depressed feeling. Just overall negative and did not want to go ANYWHERE. It didn't help that everyone was telling me how huge & awful I looked and slowly I was walking. The day before she was born I decided I needed to get out and was in a bit of a better mood (although I did not feel "happy" I was finally feeling "ok" instead of angry). I spent the day at the beach with my family. My water broke the next morning at 1am.
Sorry I can not give you hope that the moodiness will change now and last til the baby is born but I will tell you that getting out (and relaxing while out) will help I'm sure.
Old 08-12-2011, 12:57 PM   #3
lagoon66
Registered Users
seller
seller

Thanks cheetah mommy. That does make me feel better. I have been reading this morning that feeling in a 'funk' is pretty normal for a few days to weeks before labor can start. Strange. I feel just like you are describing, just kind of negative and not wanting to go anywhere or really talk to anyone. Walks with my DH do seem to help a lot
Old 08-12-2011, 01:00 PM   #4
mariamommy
Registered Users
seller

Oh I TOTALLY got this way. I hated going out in public and hated the comments from people gawking over the size of my belly and asking me when I was going to have the baby. As if I had a good answer for that!

Its just rough the last few weeks of pregnancy, you're anticipating a big thing! Its normal to feel that way.
Old 08-12-2011, 01:05 PM   #5
lagoon66
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm so set on having a nice, positive birthing experience and am just worried I will feel like this instead! Maybe once I go into labor I'll feel excited about actually making 'progress'?