View Poll Results: What were you doing when your water broke?
Sleeping/Resting 65 48.15%
Physical Activity/More than Walking 4 2.96%
Walking or just moving about house 21 15.56%
Other 45 33.33%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-13-2011, 06:46 PM   #81
ciles
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: What were you doing when your water broke?

My water broke with DD at 4 a.m. when I was just getting settled down to go to sleep.. my best friend and I were having a last sleepover before my scheduled c-section.. DD had other plans though- my c-section was scheduled for the 4th of August, she decided she wanted to come on the 3rd by emergency c-section.

Advertisement

Old 08-13-2011, 06:56 PM   #82
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

I got up at 6am because I wasn't feeling great and I was having a pity party that DH didn't even wake me up to say happy birthday to me. I stood up from the bed and felt it trickling out. My bff said hers felt and sounded like a pop but mine just dribbled out all day. I didn't even start contracting until later that evening. I just felt flu-ish.
3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 07:01 PM   #83
chunkydunk
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
#1 - I was being induced, they had just moved me to an overnight bed and it gushed. lol

#2 - My husband and I were deep cleaning. I was just sitting on the floor sorting things DH would put by me when I felt the pop. I told him that I thought it felt the same as with #1 but I wasn't leaking. I spoke too soon. I scootched forward an inch and the floodgates opened. That one was nasty messy with meconium.

#3 - About an hour into labor at the hospital.

Earn swagbucks and get gift cards! Sign up today!
chunkydunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 07:25 PM   #84
moteq
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Finishing up dinner with DH. I was just at 32 weeks, felt fine, no labor signs, and whoosh! I must've had a strange look on my face when DH said "what's wrong?". I said "I really don't think I peed my pants" and stood up. A huge gush came out, like in the movies.

We hadn't prepared anything! I called the OB and went online to find out what we needed to pack in the hospital bag. I called out items and DH ran around and stuffed everything in as I yelled it out. He also mopped up the puddle so the cats wouldn't get to it, and even thought to put the guacamole back in the fridge!
Old 08-14-2011, 06:49 AM   #85
foxygoober
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The first was a huge pop and gush- I had just stood up from taking a nap after taking a long power walk. My contractions were a minute thirty apart within 15 minutes.

The second I was pushing- it went two pushes before he was out. The MW's were speculating if he'd be born in the sack.

The third- MW broke because my pushes weren't getting him lower. That was a massive relief!
Old 08-14-2011, 01:07 PM   #86
LnzsOut
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

With DS, I had been up for a couple of hours in the night with fairly regular contractions. They stopped and I went back to sleep. I had contractions on and throughout the day, and later that afternoon, around 3pm, after I had just gone to pee, my water broke. I got about 3 steps out of the bathroom and suddenly felt like I was peeing on myself - I knew it couldn't be that because I had just gone! LOL!
Old 08-14-2011, 01:29 PM   #87
SamanthaSews
Registered Users

My Mood:
I had woken up in the middle of the night around 2am to pee, and just as I was getting settled back into bed, I heard a pop & had a little gush.( Good thing I had a waterproof mattress pad.) I laughed because it was Christmas Eve morning- I wasn't due till 1/7 & I was hoping to get out of all the traveling (lol). Called DH to bring a towel so I could get out of bed without making a big mess. I got cleaned up (don't know why- I gushed all the way to the hospital- you should have seen me waddling into triage with fluid trickling down-& it was cold! I probably left a trail thru the parking lot! Lol! A nice icy amniotic trail! Haha!) Had a banana before i left the house too!

Anyway labor didn't start- had to be put on pitocin due to positive GBS Caden was born 12 hrs later.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 08-14-2011, 02:21 PM   #88
sbdf13
Registered Users
seller

I was on the toilet trying to poop lol DS was almost born with his water intact
sbdf13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 10:15 PM   #89
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

On a birthing ball, between contx, felt a pop and fluid followed 5 min later in a gush
Old 08-15-2011, 12:52 AM   #90
litlckrets
Registered Users
seller
seller

With my oldest son my water broke as my husband & I were leaving Wal-mart of all places. I was not yet in active labor.

With my youngest son my water broke as I was having a contraction. I was trying to hold off pushing until my midwife arrived, but my body & baby had other plans. LOL