Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-15-2011, 09:55 AM   #11
jackyl08
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: ~Bleeding at 13 weeks~subchorionic hemmorage

I had a large subchorianic hemmorage at almost 9wks. I was sure I miscarried because there were clots and everything, but I am sitting here with my newborn in my arms! I did bleed/spot for about 6wks and my OB said that was normal.

Advertisement

Old 08-15-2011, 09:56 AM   #12
staceyroo77
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

OH and this link gives a good explanation of SCH.
http://www.justmommies.com/articles/...hematoma.shtml
Old 08-15-2011, 10:02 AM   #13
galesville1980
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by staceyroo77 View Post
I had as SCH at 8 weeks w/ DD#4. I started spotting and went in for an u/s and baby was doing fine. Later that night, I had a heavy gush of blood, but that was all. I went in for another u/s about a week and a half later and they saw the SCH. It wasn't seen the first time tough. It was still there a week after they saw it, but it resolved by time I got to my 19wk u/s. I was on pelvic rest until 19wks. DD#4 will be 3 months old on the 23rd.
your posts are great! keep them coming!!!!

We thank god for our infertility everyday!!
galesville1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 02:15 PM   #14
crunch!910
Registered Users

I started to bleed this past Thursday. It stopped. I'm going for U/S on Friday. My midwife thinks it is most likely a subchorionic hematoma as well. Scary experience, that is for sure!
Old 08-15-2011, 02:38 PM   #15
sasra_nu
Registered Users
seller

Very scary.

I had a small subchorionic hematoma with my DD - I had a very scant amount of spotting, and just happened to be in for an ultrasound anyway, and they saw it. It resolved and she was born healthy and full-term.

I had a pregnancy in May/June where I had a VERY large subchorionic hematoma. Unfortunately I lost that baby, but don't let that scare you/your friend. Almost all subchorionic hematomas resolve on their own by 20 weeks or so, and although the bleeding can be scary, it usually does not lead to miscarriage - especially if it's small. Like I said, mine was HUGE, and we don't even know for sure that's what caused my loss - I declined genetic testing because it seemed probable that my hematoma was cutting off nutrition to the baby. to you and your friend. I am sure all will turn out well. Oh- and the amount of bleeding doesn't really mean anything. With my recent loss, I did have a couple days of AF-type bleeding, but by the time my baby passed away, I was having little to no spotting. The bleeding can be a good thing - it can mean the clot is bleeding out and will go away.
sasra_nu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 08:56 PM   #16
Truckerswife
Registered Users
seller

I had some bleeding with my first pregnant I bleed for about a week but never did find out exactly why
I had no bleeding with my second and with this pregnancy I had a SCH and bleed from 9 weeks to 15 weeks it was scary to bleed so much but baby is doing fine I'm 28 weeks now and doing great
Old 08-16-2011, 05:52 AM   #17
GrazieGirl
Registered Users
seller

I was diagnosed at 14 weeks and have been bleeding since then, I'm 22 weeks now. I found an awesome support group on BabyCenter that your friend might want to look up. It was nice to find a group of woman going through the same thing as me.