Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-15-2011, 06:50 PM   #1
BottomOfMyHearts
Registered Users
Formerly: NewFoundFaith
seller

My Mood:
Fluid in my ear?

Anyone experience this?

I woke up this morning and it felt like I had gotten water in my ear over night or something and it's been kinda bothersome all day.

Is this some crazy pregnancy symptom? LOL

I'm swelling everywhere else, so why not right?

Advertisement

New Contest coming Soon!Please visit my Facebook store! <--Click
BottomOfMyHearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 08:27 PM   #2
becky1231
Registered Users

Re: Fluid in my ear?

I had that with my first two pregnancies. From the start to the end it was the most frustrating thing ever.
Old 08-15-2011, 09:17 PM   #3
laurenjagertheqt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

OMG, I can't believe someone else is having this same problem. I thought I was going crazy. Its like I have water in my ear and its echoing but it comes and goes so I'm confused as to what brings it on and what makes it go away. A friend of mine recommended using an ear candle and I think I'm gonna go buy one tomorrow and try it to see if it helps. If that doesn't work I have a midwife appt on Wed and I'm gonna ask her. Its so frustrating and I totally feel your pain.
Old 08-16-2011, 07:08 AM   #4
BottomOfMyHearts
Registered Users
Formerly: NewFoundFaith
seller

My Mood:

Well last night I went up stairs to get a shower and I used a q-tip and poked around in there and as soon as I did, I heard a loud "pop!" Suddenly all this clear fluid flowed out with some nasty black wax! (GROSS!!!!!)

My ear is so much better today. I have NO idea what caused that but I did some reading and it appears that is also a side effect of pregnancy. LOL LOVELY!

New Contest coming Soon!Please visit my Facebook store! <--Click
BottomOfMyHearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 12:14 PM   #5
MsGiggles
Registered Users

My Mood:

I have it with this pregnancy (since 13 wks or so) and had it with the last from the 2nd tri through to birth. I've just given up trying to use it.

I've done research (not related to pregnancy) a couple years ago about ear candling and it's been scientifically proven to be bull (though not likely to be harmful if done professionally).

I've just resigned myself to putting up with blocked ears til the new year. Blech!
MsGiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 12:19 PM   #6
nannabean
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBearSquared
Well last night I went up stairs to get a shower and I used a q-tip and poked around in there and as soon as I did, I heard a loud "pop!" Suddenly all this clear fluid flowed out with some nasty black wax! (GROSS!!!!!)

My ear is so much better today. I have NO idea what caused that but I did some reading and it appears that is also a side effect of pregnancy. LOL LOVELY!
Be careful. My sister damaged her ear drum doing the very same thing. It took years to really heal. Have you thought about trying ear oil. We use it for ear infections and I have used it for plugged ears when pregnant. It's not a miracle for plugged ears, but it works after a day or two.
Old 08-16-2011, 12:27 PM   #7
hbee
Registered Users
seller
seller

I had this, plus my ear got blocked with the fluid behind the blockage. I ended up in the ER (couldn't walk without being super dizzy or keep fluids down) at 18 weeks because of it. They gave me some vertigo meds and zofran and said to follow up with my OB and family doctor as well as to buy and use debrox to soften the wax. My fcp washed out my ear (three full days after I was in the ER... It was over a holiday weekend) and said to take sudafed twice a day until the fluid went away.

Anyway, all of that was to suggest that you check with your OB/midwife about sudafed.
hbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 05:41 PM   #8
my*2*angels
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh my goodness! I can't believe you all are having this same problem! I thought I was nuts! It is driving me crazy!!!
Old 08-17-2011, 09:35 PM   #9
cowangel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My ears over-produce wax during pregnancy and I'm experiencing what you are talking about right now. There's not really pain, but it's like my ear is clogged up and echoing. Mineral Oil used a few times a day in the ear causes the ear wax to soften and then may need to use an ear irrigation system to clean out any remaining wax (a few days later) after the wax softens...but EXTREMELY annoying!
cowangel is offline   Reply With Quote