Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 08-25-2011, 08:35 PM   #1
Registered Users
How long after BFing stops will AF come back?

Hello, ladies.
I'm not sure if this is the right place for this question, but I thought I'd throw it out anyways
I had to wean my DS at 11 months. Now he is almost 13 months and I haven't had AF back. Not that I miss it too much , but I'd like to get back to regular cycles. Is this normal? I assumed that once I stopped BFing that it would come back right away, but it has been almost 2 months.
Should I be concerned?

add is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 02:35 AM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: How long after BFing stops will AF come back?

everybody is different. My AF came back after 5 weeks and we EBF! I would gladly trade places as my supply takes a dip when I ovulate, which frustrates me (I pump at work) and DS. If you get more concerned you could call your doctor/midwife, but I imagine that you're one of those lucky women who could probably nurse once a day and that's enough to keep AF away if that's the case your body just needs the extra time to return to normal
Married to my one and only 08/08/08. Momma to DS1 5/11, DS2 11/12, and shhh someone new expected in 2015! We BF, BW, CD (most of the time), CS, and love every minute of it!
cherrycoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 10:11 AM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:
With my first it came back around 6 months PP. I ebf several weeks then he got a bottle once a day then gradually more bottles to where it was 50/50 bf/ff until he was completely weaned at about 4 months. I was not on any type of bc. After my 2nd I really don't remember. I had the Mirena iud. So far I'm 5 months PP and no af and I am ebf 100% but I also have the Mirena iud again. I'm not sure how that might affect it though.
Caroline-happily married to Keith since 4/27/02; momma to D (5/10/05), M (2/10/07) and S (3/25/11)
carolineb is offline   Reply With Quote