Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-26-2011, 09:30 AM   #11
triplet-momma
Registered Users
seller

Re: Not what i expected...

Momma I am right there with you; I love nursing Kellen but it does make it so much harder to fit things in. And my exercise makes me a happy mom so I try my best; but I'm set to run a half marathon in about 2months and my training has really suffered because of being tied down. DH swears that K can tell when his boobs leave the house because he always wakes up the minute I leave to run! I'm just taking it 1 day at a time and know that every little bit of breastmilk helps

Advertisement

Old 08-26-2011, 10:41 PM   #12
KristieW
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hang in there! Like others have said, it's totally a temperament thing. DD1 was exactly like that, right down to never sleeping (she took two or three 20 minute catnaps a day and you could literally set a watch to her nap length). She nursed constantly, day and night. Even at almost 3 she's still very attached to her "sucks" (she kisses them goodnight, LOL) and very attached to me. DD2, OTOH, nurses until she's full then pops off and goes right to sleep, or just dozes until I put her down in bed. I never understood the advice about "put them down drowsy but awake" with DD1 because she didn't have that stage, and anytime she was set down, she went to full-on shriek. DD2 prefers to be held, but she's fine being set down and will suck her fingers or a binky until she conks out. TOTALLY different children I have, and I was actually telling someone just tonight that I'm glad we had our high-needs one first because if the easy one had been first, I might have taken it for granted. Now every day is a reminder of how much harder it was before and how wonderful it is now!

Hang in there, mama!
Old 08-26-2011, 10:46 PM   #13
naura
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

another input... i'm nursing my 29 month old son... trust me, he is as clingy to his booboob as ever - but it does get easier! I don't have the going to bed fits like some friends of mine do and its thanks to nursing. if i nurse him he is out in 10~15 minutes, if he doesn't (I'm pregnant now so it gets hard some days) he will be O.O for at least 2 more hours even in the dark before he sleeps. MIL complains about DH how he never napped and I think that's exactly where DS's temperament comes from since I had no problems what so ever going to sleep anywhere since I was a kid... but I can nurse him to nap 2 hours everyday too if he doesn't nurse he only sleeps for maybe 30min to an hour only - if that!

Last edited by naura; 08-26-2011 at 10:49 PM.
naura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 11:02 PM   #14
naura
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

wanted to add, even now, 29 months later there are nights that I wish that he would wean, especially when I've had a tough day. I think its just one of those things that happen... its a bump in the road. I sometimes feel envious of my friends who are like "oh but my kid weaned at 18 months" or "they just stopped getting interested in nursing"... but I know DS needs it since we've moved 5 times and DH is deployed... its what keeps me going - since my goal is to make him secure as possible despite the circumstances....

Last edited by naura; 08-26-2011 at 11:05 PM.
naura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 02:24 PM   #15
CEVmommy
Registered Users
seller

I do think it is a lot about individual temperament. Both of my kids have been exclusively breastfed, no formula. My first has always been extremely attached to me, and still is at age 5. She still comes in and sleeps with me part of the night at least half the time. My younger though, is not as attached. She will go to other people, and started sleeping through the night alone at 25 months all on her own. They are just different people. It's not about the breastfeeding.